Topic Options
#243219 - 03/05/12 01:31 PM Subscribe to Lists?
Lea Schneider Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

There are companies that share information on service providers. (You know...they tell you which plumber in town is a good one and so forth.)

Do you subscribe to any of those Lists? (We can't share web addresses here so I'll just say list in general.)

I recently had two calls that said that found me on So-And-So's List. It made me wonder if other organizers either belong to those list services- which charge a fee for that- or advertise on the lists or even check to see their reviews?

Do you have any information about using a list to grow your business or even about using the list as a consumer?

#243269 - 03/07/12 07:46 AM Re: Subscribe to Lists? [Re: Lea Schneider]
NicoleAN Offline
Bronze (Newbie)

Loc: Detroit Metro Area
I have registered for 3 services of this variety, all three were free for a basic listing which is all I elected to do at this point. One offers a service where customers can basically type up a description of the job and it gets emailed to all of the people who fit their needs but you only get the contact information if you are a paid advertiser with the site so--your contact information is on display so clients do have the option of contacting you directly. With this site in particular it costs quite a bit to advertise with them so unless I find that I am receiving a lot of the emails with leads it probably won't be worth it for me. So far I have not had any calls as a result of registering with these sites but it has only been a few weeks.

I also registered with a major map/search engine so I in theory show up on a map search for professional organizers within my area but since I am a new company I apparently need to make my web presence a little bigger before that will happen (it does show up if you search directly for my company's name though.)

#243286 - 03/07/12 09:06 AM Re: Subscribe to Lists? [Re: NicoleAN]
Lea Schneider Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Nicole-
Maybe you can answer this question. One organizer I know is against registering because it opens you to reviews you can't respond to. But I think that people can post reviews even if you aren't registered. Thoughts?

#243373 - 03/09/12 07:18 PM Re: Subscribe to Lists? [Re: Lea Schneider]
BonnieJoy Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Fairfield County, CT
I don't register for these lists. I did at one time, but it was more hassle to update the referral status of the lead as it came in and try to close the lead. In many cases they have also contacted many others from the same list in the same category as you and they are not as likely to buy. However, I may find that to be the case because there are lots of other in my area (NYC).
http://blog.thejoyfulorganizer.com
http://radioshow.thejoyfulorganizer.com