Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#242852 - 02/23/12 07:48 AM Easter
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
I realize it is 6 weeks away, but I wondered what you all do for Easter? Do you entertain or go out?

I seem to have many easter decorations and think they might be less after this Easter. Haven't spoken with the family about what will be going on, but would like to get that settled early.

#242859 - 02/23/12 08:25 AM Re: Easter [Re: dianaro2]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Waterford, MI
I have 1 stuffed bunnies that will sit on my dining room table..the only holiday I go all out for is Christmas and that starts the second week of November.

At least the store is closed so I have the day off. Haven't even talked to SO about plans yet, but want DB over here with me.

#242875 - 02/23/12 03:01 PM Re: Easter [Re: beaglelady]
hartbe Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: indiana
My decorations are mostly spring themed. I have a few bunnies, but none of them scream Easter. I can leave them out until I decorate for summer.

We have had such a mild winter, for Indiana that is, that I will probably get the spring things out a bit early this year, maybe the 1st week of March, then it will probably snow. LOL

Our Easter plans are a bit up in the air right now. DD#1 usually invites us to her house, but Easter & DGDs spring break are about the same time, so they may be going to vist DSonIL's family in Wisconsin. If that is the case, we will go out to eat.

#243126 - 03/02/12 10:47 AM Re: Easter [Re: hartbe]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
My main easter event is a get together I have at my house a couple of weeks before to fill plastic eggs to donate to Ronald McDonald House for their egg hunt. We try to do at least 1000 each year. DD invited about 10 of her friends to join us this time.

She also belongs to a club at school that does charity projects and they are going to do an egg drive as well. Can't wait to see how many we get.
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#243132 - 03/02/12 01:04 PM Re: Easter [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
cindyjkane Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Muskogee, Oklahoma
I'm going to decorated probably next weekend. I just don't have time this weekend. I'm dying to do it but a part of me is also afraid that we will get a snow storm. We haven't had a winter and we're all scared we will have snow on Easter.

I think I have all the decorations I need. I did see a wicker duck in PB kids I might need but I want to see it before I buy it. Hope they have it in the store.

Since I have a new DGS I will need to get him something. The other grandmother usually gets the basket and I'll let her. I get something else. I'm getting DGS1 a bug catcher. The other one is 4 months old so I will just get him a teething ring or something,

Hopefully during spring break when we go to the outlet mall I can find a new dress. I don't really need one but I would like one.

I just wish I knew if my Aunt was going to be able to have everyone for dinner. She's been fighting cancer but got a clean bill of health so we'll see. Of course I don't know if they will come.

Cindy

#243353 - 03/09/12 07:39 AM Re: Easter [Re: cindyjkane]

Platinum (100+ Posts)

I am planning on doing the decorating this week to coordinate with the branches! Need to move DS2s car as it is blocking the bin I need for Easter. I am sure that some of the items will be donated. Don't decorate like I did when others were here living with me.

I have mostly Easter type decorations, eggs, etc. Then after Easter I can switch out to the Spring/Summer items.

Planning on changing out the shower curtain for spring in the guest bathroom, and put a couple of items around for spring.

#243496 - 03/13/12 12:54 PM Re: Easter [Re: dianaro2]
cindyjkane Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Muskogee, Oklahoma
I have everything decorated. I took new pictures and am making notes about how things are put together. When I pack up I'm going to put spring flowers together with the Easter stuff. They will be in there own box so I won't have to hunt for them. I am going to trash somethings because I haven't used them for a few years. I want to make thing simpler.

Cindy

#243726 - 03/20/12 10:47 PM Re: Easter [Re: dianaro2]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
i put out my stuffed bunny and put my egg wreath on the door mon right after i took down my st pat's day decorations.

mary

#243736 - 03/21/12 08:25 AM Re: Easter [Re: mary57]

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Finished up the decorating last week, and so glad as the house looked decorative when DD2 and grandsons arrived.

Mary, I got a St. Pat's decoration from a gal at class that she made. It is really cute! My first decoration for St. Pats!
Aren't you proud!?

Cindy:
I am with you on simplier! Less and less compared to years before. Easy to put out and put away.

#243820 - 03/24/12 08:29 AM Re: Easter [Re: dianaro2]

Platinum (100+ Posts)

The ladies liked the decorations,and I told them I like to change things around in the house! LOL Things are getting less and less compared to previous years, but it is only me but I do enjoy the changes.

How are all of you doing, not only with the decorations but with planning the holiday. Do you celebrate Easter? Do you have everyone over? Do you go out to brunch or dinner? My plans are up in the air, and I am trying NOT to volunteer this year! Last year my DS1 and grandsons and I went out to lunch. DDIL was away.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >