Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#243615 - 03/17/12 06:14 AM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: mary57]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
Waterlady - Thanks I love getting away from it all just us three.

Bonnie - I know this year has flown thank you for the hug smile

Fleur - Thank you we had a lot of laughs remembering.

Wendy - Ouch ouch and ouch to DH's hand I hope it is not too bad now.

Mary - I have noticed that sometimes my mood reflects my diet. It is crazy that the food we crave when we are feeling down sometimes makes us feel worse. I am still not giving up the chocolate though laugh

Well last night was lovely we went to nan's grave, then for a meal, and back to my granddads for a coffee. Lovely to remember the good times and I am at a place now where although I miss nan I know she is in a far better place pain free. There was so pain in the end for her it is lovely now to think of her without it and happy like she was before the cancer took hold and decimated her.

Today I have been super busy and it is not even lunch time yet. I have vacuumed both bedrooms,wiped all the surfaces including the skirting boards and pictures, door frames etc. I have also wiped all the surfaces again inc skirting boards in the bathroom and I have just vacuumed the stairs.

I am now taking a break before starting on the ground floor.

#243617 - 03/17/12 06:25 AM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: mary57]
Waterlady Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New York
Bonnie I love Shepard Pie, I make mine with beef also. Mom used to love it when I made it.

I had one job yesterday morning, (PTL)and one sales call. If I make that sale, it will be a good one, I desperately need it!

Came home and stopped at our bakery (we have a famous guy here) to get prices for DD's wedding. Doesn't look like they will make what I want. Chefsam, wish you lived closer!!

Then to the hardware store to check out some other things for the wedding. (long story! LOL)

Came home, cleaned out my pocketbook, got all the receipts filed. Cleaned off the DR table, tossed a bunch of junk mail. Polished the table and chairs. Then attacked the kitchen countertop, as it was starting to "breed" paper again. Filled a garbage can with papers. Gave the counter a good cleaning.

Did a wipedown of the bathroom vanity. Got another load of laundry done. Didn't think I got too much done, but I guess I did. I'm feeling a lot of energy this morning, so let's see what I get done.

#243618 - 03/17/12 06:30 AM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: Waterlady]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Waterlady - I make Shepard's pie with beef also. My DH is always teasing me because he says it is then cottage pie it is only Shepard's pie with lamb. I tell him whatever it is shepard's pie in my kitchen lol. Hardware store for wedding things hmmm interesting laugh

#243623 - 03/17/12 12:20 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: Karen1975]
Bubblegum Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Québec, Canada
I'm so fortunate to have wonderful colleagues, we went to a meeting and I had someone offer to pick me up. I hate driving in the city. I'm going for a degree in special education, have lots to do in little time, even before being accepted, wish me luck.

Thursday was my birthday, worked (hate it when staff is not use to working at our residence, it makes it all that much harder for the regular ones!) afterwards I had an appointment with my shrink. To top off my day, shopping and eating out with a friend.

Yesterday I went to a spa with DD it was my birthday present. It was a surprise. She is very proud of me for wanting to go back to school and knows how much out of my comfort zone I'm putting myself and felt I needed some rest and relaxation time. We had a very nice time. In the afternoon I went to renew my driver's license and met an old friend, we chatted the hour I had to wait. Then wine and sushi with DGF, home early watched some tv before bed.

I took care of the bathroom this morning, ate leftovers and cleaned the kitchen. Now getting ready for work again. Have a great day!

#243624 - 03/17/12 12:34 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: Bubblegum]
Waterlady Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New York
Bubblegum, Happy Belated Birthday!!

ROFL Karen!! Here's the story.

We're having a rustic barn wedding and afterwards in the field there is going to be a bonfire..DD wants to do s'mores. She thought it was a good idea for me to start gathering long sticks. (Yeah, right. Me and poison ivy don't get along AT ALL!!) So I have been thinking of alternatives and the hardware store sells 3-4 ft long wood dowels in small diameter. Voila, We now have skewers for the marshmallows!!!! And we'll be far away enough from the fire.

Tried moving the mantle again. I give up, it just won't hang properly. I'm going to buy/build shelves. And more holes in the wall as my studs are NOT 16" on center. Gotta love an old house.

Took Finn for a longer walk today, he's out of shape and panting now, I know just how he feels!! We both missed our walks.

#243626 - 03/17/12 02:10 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: Karen1975]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
before bed this morning, i read up thru jan 25 in aol and dusted the gbr, k, and dr.

sat on waking, i washed my clothes, did the dailies, ate cereal and bought cigs at the base. not a bad start to the day!

mary

#243635 - 03/17/12 08:22 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: mary57]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Waterlady - What a fab idea!

Well I tackled the ground floor this afternoon. I vacuumed and mopped everywhere, wiped all the surfaces, skirting boards and all the appliances and cupboards in the kitchen. I also cleaned the downstairs toilet and the ironing.

Tomorrow is mother's day here so I will be doing nothing bar meals and dishes. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

#243638 - 03/17/12 09:07 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: Vanilla Housewif]
fleur2330 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Busy fun productive day...woke up at 515 to get baking done and clean for the baby shower...made cupcakes and muffins...ruined a batch of brownies and muffins..in edible. Common areas of the house are spotless! Then went to bday party with ds, back home and decided to tackle cleaning the garage. Used the leaf blower to get dust out and washed down many items which had gotten dirty/
Dusty. Car seat bases, stroller, cooler, lawn chairs, sandals and toys. Got about half of the garage clean!

Now if I can only get the rest of the house uncluttered....master bedroom is a disaster. Will tackle a bit at a time. Feeling exhausted now.

Edited by fleur2330 (03/17/12 09:08 PM)

#243639 - 03/17/12 09:31 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: fleur2330]
Wendy Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: SW, MO
Had a wonderful day! Got some errands done with the family, including some of those medical tests I needed done! Then we had a great visit with my inloves. DMIL, DD#2 and I even took a quick trip to a thrift store. They were having $5 bag sales. Love those! DMIL and I usually share and bag and stuff it! Only $2.50 each and we get more than a handful of clothing each! Win-Win!

On our way back home, we stopped at a few more places for groceries. After home and putting all the cold stuff away, I got to Skype with Linda. Such a good visit there too!

Just finished cutting DH's hair, and now I'm ready to hit the hay! Nite all! Cya!

Psalm 150:6 "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!"

#243640 - 03/17/12 09:57 PM Re: March Productivity - Part 2 [Re: mary57]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
after i posted, i read 77 more email on aol, then put away my freshly washed clothes and went to subway for dinner w jay. i had philly steak and i don't think it was as good as arby's was. we came home and watched the first hr of the day of the jackal then talked for an hr. after he left, i took a bath and clipped my toenails.... they were looooong! next i listened to a motivational tape, gave metro his sat treat and got on here.

mary

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >