Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#243390 - 03/10/12 12:51 PM Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place?
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
I know that there are some of you who have no option but to have things in your MB that maybe don't belong there due to limited storage. For those of you who have a choice...

Is your Master Bedroom peaceful, clean and clutter free? If not, why not? The most important thing you can give yourself a a restful, soothing night's sleep. Having clutter in your bedroom is fighting against that.

What do you have in your MB that really shouldn't be there? Kid's toys? Stuff you don't know what else to do with?

When was the last time you gave the MB a good thorough, deep clean and got rid of all the dust, pet hair and debris?

Time for Spring Cleaning, how about starting with the most important room in your house?!
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#243423 - 03/11/12 12:37 PM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
hartbe Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: indiana
My bedroom is due for a redo. I am reluctant to replace the bedding because of my cat. I have spots on my current comforter that will not come out. I can't banish her from the room because her litter box is in the dressing area.

The room could use a good cleaning. I might have to see about getting some help to move a couple of pieces of funiture, as DH can't do that anymore.

#243437 - 03/11/12 04:28 PM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: hartbe]
Vanilla Housewif Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: UK
I have too many clothes - ones I don't even wear anymore due to a change in lifestyle - and yet I find it difficult to let them go. We have too many old clothes and I'd like to get rid of them and just have the (nice) things that I wear all the time.

I'm asthmatic, so I do try and keep on top of any dust in the bedroom. But there are a lot of clean clothes that need to be ironed and put away (and there would obviously be more space if I dumped the business suits I haven't worn for years!) so I need to work on that.

#243439 - 03/11/12 05:14 PM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: Vanilla Housewif]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

VH,
What would it take for you to let the business suits go? What stops you? If you haven't worn them for years, chances are if you get another job in the business world, they might be out of style. Here in the US, there are places that accept business clothes to help women who are getting back in the workforce.

#243532 - 03/14/12 11:45 AM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Anyone else? Lots of views and no participation...love to hear from you.

#243558 - 03/15/12 02:40 AM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
I have been working on this for a while. I have another donation bag filled, but my main goal is to keep my drawers by the bed clutter free. I plan to do some work in this room this weekend. Wish me luck I think I will need it smile

Edited by Karen1975 (03/15/12 02:40 AM)

#243594 - 03/16/12 08:42 AM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: Karen1975]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Waterford, MI
I am actually pretty pleased with my bedroom. Hardwood floors, tossed the rug runners from around the bed and just basic furniture in there....bed 2 metal nite stands with lamps, an armoire and my jewelry armoire(which I am looking at downsizing)

Have had trhe same color scheme for 4 years since I bought the house and am thinking about new colors when I have the use of my hand again.(Current color is soft yellow with burgundy accent wall and not sure what i want now) The only thing I really need to do in there right now is spring cleaning of windows (but the wholw house needs that too)

#243603 - 03/16/12 05:50 PM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: beaglelady]
Cyd Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: W. Canada
I appreciated the suggestions of GONers who discussed details of how they created a Master Bedroom sanctuary only holding items that made them happy. I'm grateful our MBrm is an uncluttered, peaceful, adult haven having finally returned home [18 hr. flight including stopovers] very ill with Pleurisy. The prescriptions and OTC meds help but the side effects cause me to fall asleep...even sitting in a chair. The fluffy, winter, down duvet is comforting and the suede type duvet cover feels cozy. [I needn't worry about spilling cough syrup or water as it washes easily]. While the weather here is pleasant, I'll change out decor for spring pastels and sheers at the end of April when weather in our region is more stable.

Our side tables only hold the items we need like clock radio, tissue and water jug. I use swing wall lamps to control lighting.

DH has kindly unpacked, luggage to garage storage, professional materials to the office and the baskets of laundry to the washer.

#243610 - 03/16/12 09:06 PM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
welcome home,cyd!!

mary

#243633 - 03/17/12 06:37 PM Re: Is your Master Bedroom a peaceful place? [Re: mary57]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
Hope you will soon be in good health, Cyd. That must have been a pretty grim journey, and I bet you were never more happy to get into your own home!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >