This weekend I crossed some more things off my March goal's list (or should I say off DD's March goal's list
DD:- Takes SAT on March 10th
- Final rehearsal with accompany for competition on March 10th
- Shopping Day with Mom - March 11th (?)
- School trip to San Francisco - March 15-16
- Woodwind Festival/Competition March 17th
- Dress Rehearsal for Spring Concert - March 24th
- OCB Spring Concert - March 25th
- Meet with School Counselor - March 20th
- Advanced Band Concert - March 27th
- Play clarinet for Central Valley Music Teacher's Association Festival - March 29th
Kind of funny that one of her band teachers has added two more concerts though so she's had two more things to the list.
I'm still sitting here surrounded by boxes so I've had to take my own advice in regards to this particular "elephant". I need to eat it one bite at a time! (That's what I tell my students all the time when they are faced with a big project.) Today, I've gathered all the "kitchen" boxes and emptied the contents onto the long counter. Now, I just need to finish lining the shelves and put everything away in there. It won't be perfect, but it will be out of site. I will work on making it "perfect" for me at a later time once I get used to this place and how things are going to work for us. We'll be changing things around until we find the best places for it all.
I just decided that the only way I was going to get it done was to have everything out where I can actually SEE what I have and then put it away. I'll work through each room like that until I'm done. DD will be gone Thursday and Friday of this week so I won't be "taxi driver" and hopefully can devote some time to this "elephant eating".