Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#243174 - 03/03/12 01:01 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: fleur2330]
Diane D Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

I spent over 2 hours running errands things morning but got everything off my list.

Got the 20 lbs of meat for $44 special. Today was the last day of it. I walked in, saw the sign and saw it said "24 hours notice required". I didn't remember seeing that in the ad online so I asked the girl if I could maybe pick it up next week? Then she told me that not only does it say that online but they don't cut the specials on Saturday. So I said that's ok, I know for the future and if they'd honor it I'd still love to get it in a few days. Well she looked at it (they had the ad sitting on their side) and told me it wasn't that much nor that busy and if I wanted to wait she'd take care of it for me then. I said yes, she was such a sweetheart, bagged it and everything. I got home and looked at the online ad - guess what - it really didn't say 24 hour notice or not on Saturday! I think that's why she went out of her way, but in any case I will place that order in advance next time. They also had green peppers at a great price, $1.09/lb so I bought 4 of them.

I swung by Ocean State and Aldi's on the way home, then ran to CVS and Stop and Shop for a few things. Like someone else said, I hate going to so many stores for sales but these were good deals and the furthest thing away was the meat (5 miles). Everything else was 1-2 miles from home, just spend more time parking and walking. At least it's done.

Work didn't need me so I headed to the Apple store to get my upgrade and a cable I needed. So looking forward to the announcement next week, hope it's a great iPad at the same prices... I've been dying for one for 2 years now.

Came home, made soup and sausages, and have laundry going. Think I'll try and put away last weeks lol

Then I have a bit of work to do from home.

Wish the day would clear up, I'm not seeing the predicted 55 degrees otherwise!

Edited by Diane D (03/03/12 01:01 PM)

#243175 - 03/03/12 01:14 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: Diane D]
Purdy Bear Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: London UK
Bonnie - yes I got a lot done but thats because I didnt do anything today.

I was up at 6.30 to get everything ready for Dad today. I had my second class all morning, luckily the taxi got me back very quickly. After lunch I did my homework and re-wrote the notes I took in class.

My aunt then phoned so I was talking to her for about half an hour.

Thats it, Iv done virtually nothing housework wise, but its good to take a break.

#243177 - 03/03/12 03:21 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: Purdy Bear]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
Hi Diane,
The word on the street is the price will be up by $70. We have an iPad 2 and LOVE it.
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#243178 - 03/03/12 03:29 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
Diane D Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

I saw that word as well, but word as of late yesterday has pricing unchanged from now. I always consider getting the older model as those will go down whether or not Apple keeps producing them. But Monday Adobe announced a Photoshop app for the iPad and it ONLY works on the iPad 2 (and presumably higher). I am guessing their vector app will be the same.

I could certainly use apps like these for my business instead of carrying my laptop around. I'd hate to get locked out of an app so quickly by buying an older version. So I'll have to carefully weigh storage vs generation vs available funds and go from there.

As much as I say I could make do with tethering and get the wifi version, in reality I don't think I will be happy with that, so that pushes me up in price right there to get the cellular version even if I don't buy the data package every month. (oh how I wish they'd let us share the data between devices! word is that's coming in 2012)

I did the same with the iPhone. Was hoping for a price drop if they announced 128gb models, which they didn't. Thought I'd be happy with a 4 and decided nope, I've waited this long for my first, I'm just getting the 4S. It's not like I'm getting another one right away.

Cannot WAIT for Wednesday! smile

#243179 - 03/03/12 04:22 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: Diane D]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Be very careful with the data plan, if you don't cancel it every month, they keep charging you. I got the 3G version and am very happy I did. I've needed it for biz a few times. One thing also, when you do sign up for the data plan if you need it, it can take a few hours to kick in so plan ahead.

#243180 - 03/03/12 04:27 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
Diane D Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Thanks for that warning! I'm used to changes happening right away. Do you have Verizon or AT&T? I think most of the time I need data it will be for a job I can charge it too. Which is funny as the boss bought the wifi version and I have no idea why.

#243181 - 03/03/12 04:27 PM Re: March Productivity [Re: Diane D]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

AT&T

#243187 - 03/04/12 05:53 AM Re: March Productivity [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
Hello everybody you are all busy as usual!

Bonnie - Fantastic news from the oncologist praying your health continues to improve.

I visited my granddad yesterday and the inlaws for the first time in two weeks so we had a lot to catch up on.

In the house I have been a tossing fool this week, so I will report on that thread in a bit. Other than that I have been doing the laundry and the dailies and not much else.

I am at home all day today so hopefully I can get a few little jobs done. We are all recovered so I am enjoying family time without the the hot lemon and tissues this weekend laugh

Forgot to mention Friday I spent visiting too. The morning was spent with my friend Ana and her new baby. The afternoon was spent with my sister and nephew, and later dad joined us smile

Edited by Karen1975 (03/04/12 06:58 AM)

#243188 - 03/04/12 06:10 AM Re: March Productivity [Re: Karen1975]
juju Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Ohio
Hi Everyone!

Bonnie: great news!

My DF left early this morning and I am exhausted. I prepared last week for his visit and cooked a bunch of food. Up side is I have extra meals I can freeze off today. Don't know how much I will get done today, I will probably take it easy and get to bed early since I haven't had much sleep for two nights.

Friday was frightening with the tornados a 30 mile path difference and we would have been wiped out. No one in my family or friends got damage and it was amazing since we are spread out in Cincinnati and north. The devistation is really sad. We all are very grateful that we were taken care of all still in one piece. Hope everyone in the path of that storm did ok.

My goal this week is to get back on track with projects, I need to concentrate on those instead of the day to day and get some off my list. I will have a super long day tomorrow at work with trial work, but can start again on Tuesday geting back on track with projects. There was so much I need to get done before spring - ha! - spring is almost here.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

#243191 - 03/04/12 07:20 AM Re: March Productivity [Re: juju]
Waterlady Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New York
It was gorgeous here yesterday, was outside without even a sweater. Was checking the gardens out, lots of perennials are up already.

Did the poop scoop, picked up some garbage that blew in the yard. Sat in the sunshine with a glass of wine later in the afternoon enjoying every minute.

Made a new chicken recipe for dinner, was real good and easy. Also tried to perfect mom's shrimp recipe this weekend, she was a good cook.

Got the mantle down off the LR wall, I need to go to the hardware store and get different hangers for it. Laura and I may go shopping later this morning.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >