Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#237488 - 10/21/11 07:34 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: Waterlady]
raymond_valerie Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
Mine are Wilson-Jones smile

#242121 - 02/01/12 09:39 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: raymond_valerie]
Suzy Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Indiana
Haven't checked in awhile! My "backpack" file holders are from Office Depot & are just cute! Flowers & great patterns!!

#242153 - 02/02/12 08:17 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: Suzy]
halebop Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Lost in the clutter
I still use all 14 of my binders. I can't live without them!

I too am curious as to what a back pack folder is.

www.pinterest.com/daysez

"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfil all His promises...leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself."

#242354 - 02/08/12 04:16 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: halebop]
Gabby Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Minnesota
halebop,
maybe you have figured this out by now, but they are file folders created to slip right into a backpack. Picture a regular file folder, where the tab is on the longest edge. Well with the backpack folders, the tabs are on the left (short) edge.

I use these in binders also, when I want to make major breaks, or categories within a binder.

Edited by Gabby (02/08/12 04:16 PM)

#242375 - 02/09/12 09:48 AM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: Gabby]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Waterford, MI
I like that idea. Another thing I do for something like that Gabby is to just use a page protector as a divider since it is upright to hold any receipts. I have lots of page protectors from my sales(sales presentation folders) days and am trying to repurpose things without buying something else to add to the clutter.

I have also recently created an expense binder as SO has moved in, so he will know exactly where the money is going. Even though he said he trusts me and doesn't care, I told him I wanted no accountability issues like we both had in previous relationships.

Thinking about your ideas here, instead of having a separate system for the receipts, I am going to set up something in the daily binder to hold all those receipts too. That way everything will be in one place! Coming here always gives me new ideas to make things easier.....thanks ladies!!!

#242441 - 02/10/12 09:45 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: beaglelady]
raymond_valerie Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
I've started a new 'everything binder' with my main day-to-day stuff in it. Most of the 'stuff' is 8.5x11 paper, so I've made 'dividers' with page protectors, then I'm not limited to the number of tabs in a divider set I happen to have and everything's nice-nice. Working so far smile

I tried to make the dividers pretty. I had 'pretty paper' sitting around that I bought at the dollar store, so I'm using it. Cover page is an archway with flowers and a mountain background, the first divider is my work logo with a border and a little text, I used a 'message in a bottle' paper for a divider, and I have scroll and quill paper also... laugh Using it for work, and mostly storing the other things, but I'm working on implementing more of it smile

#242451 - 02/11/12 08:24 AM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: raymond_valerie]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Waterford, MI
I love that you made it pretty. It sounds great. Wish I could do that.

For me, I am happy that I am getting all info in one place, things are getting logged and then receipts are filed, and it is getting done. SO can look at things whenever he wants, and even though he doesn't, its there for an easy read.

I opted not to do anything fancy as I don't want SO to be scared by something that he could view as complicated, so easy easy is the motto right now. And if I need to change it down the road, so be it. I did change to a larger binder(I have lots of extras and am trying to decide what to toss/donate) and have added extra page protectors behind the categories to hold the receipts so I eliminated the check holder on the desk top.

#242534 - 02/13/12 04:39 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: beaglelady]
Gabby Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

I would like some ideas how I can make tabbed dividers in my binders. I don't want to buy any more.

I've tried using 1/2 of a file folder, that works, sort of, but I have to chop it down to fit in the binder.

any other ideas?

#242535 - 02/13/12 04:48 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: Gabby]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
Card stock, 3 hole punch, those post-it plastic color tabs.
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#242536 - 02/13/12 05:00 PM Re: I've gotten back into BINDERS [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
Gabby Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

ahhhh

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >