Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#242056 - 01/31/12 10:00 AM February Productivity
BonnieS Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Idaho
Hard to believe it's time to start the February threads already....January has zoomed by. Keep up the great work everyone!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

#242060 - 01/31/12 11:44 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: BonnieS]
Purdy Bear Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: London UK
Today I went a bit bonkers and vaccumed through downstairs, and then gave the sitting room a good tidy. As soon as my back gave a twindge I stopped and have had a good rest.

The problem is I see stuff to be done everywhere, so Im having to be very disciplined and not do it.

Weather has turned again here, we had snow today but it didnt settle and they think its going down to -10 in the next few days. Definately hibernation weather for me and the dog I think.

#242083 - 02/01/12 06:27 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: Purdy Bear]
Wendy Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: SW, MO
I'm needing something and I'm not sure what it is. I've been plugging along, using a list to get things done, but today it's hitting me that I'm not getting much progress. I have things started, but the finishing is the problem. I so hate that!

How do you ladies deal with things like that? Yes, I babystep, but sometimes I think I never finish.

EX. #1: DD#2's bday from us is a bedroom makeover with new paint and fabric for bed and curtains. Most of the fabric was purchased the day after Thanksgiving. It's been washed and ironed...some even re-ironed! Her paint was bought a week or so ago. I've planned out how to cut the fabric. And it still sits in a pile, waiting to be sewn!

EX #2: Made an appt with a ND for Feb 20th. He said a copy of our med records would be helpful. I also wanted a copy for myself of all our med records. Called for the forms, signed some. Some still sit on my desk!

I don't know what's holding me back! I know some of it is time restraints. Too much on my plate. Some I know is pure laziness.

All I know is that I've got to change. I make too many excuses.

Psalm 150:6 "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!"

#242084 - 02/01/12 06:29 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: Purdy Bear]
juju Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Ohio
Did pretty good yesterday, although in my mind I always think I should have gotten more done since I only sat down for 45 minutes to have a break and lunch.

Dusted, vacuum whole house. Cleaned guest bedroom and washed window.
Baked some Oatmeal Sunflower bread - may I say yum to that new recipe!
Made a chicken cordon bleu casserole that will be dinner tonight also.
Cleaned kitchen and all dishes.
Organized birthday cards for the year in an organizer.
Two loads of laundry.
Bag up things to go out of the house today when I meet a friend - yeah two shopping bags and one bag for 1/2 price books.
Order some hardware for my computer to do work at home.
Worked on dinner menus with using what I have in mind.

Today I am meeting my best friend and we are celebrating both our birthdays by lunch and a movie - the new Stephanie Plum - One for the Money. Love that book series. Should be fun. Although my birthday was in September and her's was early January!

Will toss in some laundry and try to get a few things done before I leave.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

#242086 - 02/01/12 06:57 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: juju]
juju Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Ohio
Wendy: I too have the same issue. I can plan, buy, etc like a pro but finishing a project - another story. I would like to share with you what has started to help ME. I have come to the conclusion that you can't do everything everyday! By the time I would get the everyday item done I would run out of steam and time. I designate a day, depending on my schedule, for projects only - not everyday stuff. I only concentrate on that. Trust me, the other will wait a day.

I applied this process last summer when I was trying to do a ton of painting and re-doing a lot of area in my home. That is all I would work on for the day and let the other go. I was able to gain momentum and see the projects getting done. I was raised to be a perfectionist and this has become the biggest demon in my life. I was judged as a human and my worth by a perfect clean house, car, life etc., so I would think I had to have the house perfect before I could start on anything else. So when the list was getting longer and I wasn't completing the projects it added to my feeling of failure that was instilled in me. BUT the joy of crossing off those projects and learning that I am ok if it all doesn't get done was a blessing.

I am still a huge work in progress, but each step forward is a healing step! I hope this helps in some way or triggers another idea that might for you. smile

#242087 - 02/01/12 07:29 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: juju]
Purdy Bear Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: London UK
Wendy - I agree with Juju, somedays we just cant do everything. I keep a diary with all my todos in, so I can move anything forward to a quit day.

I got the bathroom cleaned today, checked on Dads transport which was good cause thy hadnt booked it frown thats sorted now and lastly ordered a friends birthday present.

#242088 - 02/01/12 08:07 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: Purdy Bear]
Waterlady Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New York
Wendy, good ideas! When I have something sitting over my head, I plan the day to finish it also (or start it). I keep telling myself to focus, focus, focus.

It was beautiful out again yesterday, loving this type of winter. Did one appointment and put the other one off until this morning. Came home and DGF came and used the copier, then my other DGF came and I did some typing for her on the 'puter. Had a nice visit with her. Then I took the dog for a long walk in the warm sunshine! Ran out of dog biscuits, so "we" went for a ride to the store.

Made some phone calls for DD regarding the wedding plans. Spent a lot of time on the 'puter looking for ideas, it is getting addicting, there is so much on the net.

Have one repair this morning, and TWO sales calls. I'll be thrilled if I get both of them, I sure do need it.

#242093 - 02/01/12 08:43 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: Waterlady]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Wendy
I too agree with Cyd. We expect way too much of ourselves.
I like the idea of taking aday for projects. Years ago there was a lady from LA., who would take 1/2 hour a day for a specific project, and work on that until she finished. If I recall she made some new seat cushions and a tablecloth for her kitchen set. Did one cushion a day, sewing, etc and by the end of the week she was done! It has to be kept handy so it can be done, but done it was!

Sewing intimidates me somewhat Wendy, so I can relate to why you are putting it off....that cutting can be scarey! Painting, I don't do well, so I let someone else handle that for me. Could you do a wall a day? Could DH and you paint over the weekend, and let the girl's handle the meals, and clean up? They are old enough and I know you are trying to teach them the responsibilites of the the house (good lessons, Mom).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I have some things to get done before I leave for my sewing group. Have a great day. BBL.

#242095 - 02/01/12 09:02 AM Re: February Productivity [Re: dianaro2]
fleur2330 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Little things accomplished this morning. Put away clean dishes, washed all dirty ones and scrubbed the sink, wiped down kitchen countertops, made french toast for breakfast, redried a load of laundry and folded, made a few needed phone calls, showered and now headed out to preschool tour, then lunch out and dropping DS at IL's for the afternoon. Have dentist appt, need to stop in at work for a sec, and going to run a few errands before picking DS back up.

So much to do around here! Will make a list of todos later.

#242104 - 02/01/12 04:15 PM Re: February Productivity [Re: fleur2330]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
Thank you ladies for all your comments about DS he is much better today just sniffly now, so fingers crossed that is the end of it.

Wendy - I agree with the ladies we expect too much of ouselves and I think at this time of year it is very difficult to get fully motivated. Now January has passed I hope my get up and go returns.

Well yesterday I was home all day and did a couple of loads of washing, cleaned the bathroom and cleaned the downstairs toilet.

This morning DH was off,so I had a much needed lie in. When I got up I did DS's homework with him, and also finished the ironing.In the afternoon I was in school making masks inspired by the Narnia films/books. When I finished school I went to the post office to pay some bills and post some parcels/letters.

Tonight the Muckerteers have had a meeting (me and my female relatives). There were four cousins and two aunts and we went out for a meal. A lot of laughter and good food as well love it laugh

Off to bed now night ladies!

Edited by Karen1975 (02/01/12 04:17 PM)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >