Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243327 - 03/08/12 11:15 AM Re: Easy couponing? [Re: Kelekona]
wheretostart Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Western Kentucky,United States
Well, with using coupons, there is a few things to remember. One thing is that if you can't find coupons on the items you use or need such as fresh fruits and vegies, then use coupons on other things such as health and beauty aides or household cleaning supplies. This helps you to save money on those items, which can still help you cut down on your shopping bill. Sometimes, you may find a store brand cheaper than the name brand without a coupon. Always do the math first. This is a big help. Sometimes buying smaller items can help you save more money with a coupon than buying a larger item. What I do is make my lists of the things that I need. I have 2 lists. One for what I need now, and another one for things I can stock up on and use coupons for. This helps me a lot. And I only look for coupons as I need them. I don't just sit on the computer and look for them when I know that item won't be on sale for quite some time. Some coupons are good to hang on to for a while because usually those times don't go on sale until it is almost time for the coupon to expire. And have you ever heard about stacking coupons??? Did you know that sometimes drug stores and some big box stores are better because they have store coupons that you can stack on top of manufacturer coupons which gives you more off of an item and therefore save even more money on items that are on sale. And a good thing about sales, remember usually sales rotate about once every 3 months. And certain items go on sale month after month and certain times of the year. For instance, you know that a holiday is coming up, well this month those items will start to go on sale. March is frozen Food Month: Ice Cream, Frozen Vegetables (Boxed, Bag, or Steam), Frozen Meals, Foster Farms Chicken, Waffles, Pizza
Seasonal Produce: Artichoke, Asparagus, Haas Avocado, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Collards, Fennel, Kale, Leek, Lemon, Lime, Mushrooms, Spring Onions, Orange, Peas, Radish, Rhubarb, Spinach, Strawberries, Tangerine
of course stores vary, but be aware of what to expect from month to month. This helps a lot. I consider myself to be a little bit above average when it comes to using coupons, I don't consider myself an expert, but I've been using them faithfully for the last 2 years. And let me tell you, I have managed to save a lot of money. As a matter of fact, since I quit my job last November, I've been living off my stockpile and I still have items I can use for quite some time. Sometimes being brand loyal though doesn't work; however, that doesn't mean that you can't stock up on those items when they do go on sale. So first make sure an item is on sale first, then apply a coupon or try coupon stacking as I mentioned above. You will be surprised. Keep looking. Don't give up. Just remember though, what you may see on tv, may not apply to you and your area where you live. All stores are different. Know your stores coupon policies. Well, got to go for now, but I hope all of this info helps all of you.

#243356 - 03/09/12 08:49 AM Re: Easy couponing? [Re: wheretostart]
Lea Schneider Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Thanks wheretostart. That had lots of good advice in it.

#245152 - 05/02/12 06:51 PM Re: Easy couponing? [Re: Lea Schneider]
wheretostart Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Western Kentucky,United States
Thanks Lea, PM me anytime if you need help with anything. I know I have not used coupons in a while, but I am going to start again tomorrow. I used to get some good deals with coupons and I got our family of five grocery bill down as low as 75 dollars a week. I think that is pretty good. Once my stockpile gets replenished, the grocery costs will significantly reduce down in no time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2