Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#240707 - 01/05/12 06:59 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
Carol - What a pain about the propane. I agree with you on the decluttering, so much so that 174 items have left my house this week smile I love having clear surfaces and space it is very calming. Then my 4 year old "reorganizes" lol. Oh well there is less for him to mess up now.

Goals - Granddad visited us today. The exercise regime is going well as is the healthier eating. As mentioned above the decluttering is in full swing.I am feeling very positive this week lets hope I can keep the mood going when I am back at school and college next week.

Edited by Karen1975 (01/05/12 07:01 PM)

#240709 - 01/05/12 07:49 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Karen1975]
californiagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Oakhurst, CA
Maureen....Your goal of "rake leaves? LOL" made me laugh. smile I made the mistake of raking leaves in the driveway BEFORE they had all fallen off the tree. Now I get to do it again. Lucky me...LOL

Today I had DD help me hang some extra blankets up to cover openings/doorways to areas of the house that we don't use. It's an effort to keep the heat in the rooms that need it and not waste it on unused spaces. I want to make this propane last until we move because we have to get a minimum of 100 gallons each time and that is $350+ which I cannot afford to be forking out again. It's not going to win us any home decorating awards, but I really don't care at this point because I'm not expecting to be doing any entertaining between now and when we move. Funny thing is DD likes it! She says it makes it so cozy and you could do some embroidery on it to make it all fancy. No thank you! I'll spend my efforts elsewhere right now. LOL

#240712 - 01/05/12 10:26 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: californiagirl]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
Carol, I just read back to your post about the propane. It must have been quite a scare, and the financial aspect would be a second one! I hope your propane lasts out now until you get a new place.

I agree, I feel better when I get clutter out of the way. I recycled my catalogues today as I don't need to waste time studying them for stuff to buy that I don't need. If I do need something I'll check them on-line.

#240714 - 01/06/12 04:46 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: mary57]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
mon, after i posted, i went to petsmart and bought metro food. i drank coffee as a pick me up before i went and ended up unable to sleep til almost 7pm (i was up since before 7pm sun) i was too tired to want to work on my goals, so i listened to a few audio on here whilei laid under the covers.

i woke at 1am early tue morning and did 2 special projects, but got further behind on the computer b/c i took a nap during computer time. i also went to an appt tue afternoon

wed i slept most of the day

early thu morning, i did 2 special projects and an errand - bought gas

thu pm i did a cleaning b/s (vac) and read 12 pg

fri i finally got c/u on here

#240720 - 01/06/12 08:18 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: mary57]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Glad to hear your ideas for saving fuel Carol. I agree, you don't need anymore to do, embroidery, indeed! Gotta give DD credit for a great sense of humor.

Karen:
I agree with you regarding the decluttering. It does feel wonderful to see clean and clear spaces. I get anxious when there is stuff around, and living alone I have no one to blame when it happens! LOL

Bushlady:
You are right about those catalogs. A lot of the recycling I put out this week was from that and junk mail! I don't need anymore items in the house (unless it is to finish a project).
Hoping some of the older projects can be donated, finished or tossed.

Mary:
Glad you are okay, I was wondering what happened to you.
You inspire me to keep at it all the time and I worry when you don't post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good to have the decorations down (except for some wintery ones), but there are some bins and two of the trees that need to go downstairs. Hoping DS2 can help today or tomorrow.

#240724 - 01/06/12 09:07 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: dianaro2]
sweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Duncan, BC
Struggling to make time for my on-line course which is my main Jan goal but it is early yet and I have got several other tasks out of the way this week. I go back to work on Monday and want to have the worst of the office teardown out of the way and I have made good headway there. I think I will dedicate my morning computer time to one lesson a day, they don't actually take that long if I am not distracted, and reward myself some Facebook time if I get through one lesson.

#240734 - 01/06/12 09:39 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: sweetpea]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
Mary, sorry your coffee kept you awake. Insomnia is a pest. I also have to be very careful about coffee and rarely have it now. But I get fed up with tea and herbal tea, wanting something like coffee. I bought some coffee substitute which is not a particularly exciting drink, but I decided to add a pinch of ground cardomom to the cup before I add the water, and this really spikes it up into something more interesting. Of course chocolate has caffeine, too, so I have to restrict that, so the effects wear off before bedtime. (One square dark chocolate a day, except over the Christmas season when anything goes, lol).

sweetpea, good luck with your on-line course, I admire you for that. Good idea to schedule time for the lessons and have a reward. Can you ignore the phone and let it pick up messages to avoid that distraction?

Last night, when I couldn't sleep, did babystep on DS old room, sorting fabrics and tossing some.

Today will be dedicated mainly to getting all Christmas stuff put away - a mammoth task!

#240742 - 01/06/12 11:15 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
blessmymess Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Carol: Sorry to hear about the propane running out! It's always something, isn't it? (((HUGS)))

I am hoping to achieve my 1st goal of setting up the bedrooms, this weekend. The furniture is all in place now, and the bookcases anchored to the walls, so, it is a matter of transferring all the clothes & books, etc. Once that is all done, I can organize the 3rd room (office/crafts/guest room).

#240784 - 01/06/12 05:47 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: blessmymess]
californiagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Oakhurst, CA
Sweetpea...Something that I do when I need to REALLY focus on my online work/lessons is use my timer. I set it for 45 minutes and give the work my undivided attention. At the end of the 45 minutes, I set the time again for 15 minutes and do whatever I would like as a reward for staying focused for the 45 minutes. It has been very helpful for me. My DD has used this technique as have some of my students with good success.

Been busy working towards crossing goals off:

- Set up new household files for 2012Done
- Finish Quilt #1 - Will finish this evening
- Meet with teacher at Charter School Done - DD will go to the Algebra 2 class on campus for the final time on Monday and then is switching to another curriculum and starting over again. We will see how that works. Love the flexibility of homeschooling and being able to choose what is going to work best for her and her learning styles for different subjects. She WANTS to learn this stuff and I do not want to stiffle that.
- Catch up on dishes and laundry since we haven't had any hot waterDone
- Wash car (Totally cleaned out the inside yesterday)
- Sort through boxes in "hallway" closet and purge. - Started this yesterday.

#240793 - 01/06/12 08:20 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: californiagirl]
Cyd Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: W. Canada
Great going Carol, getting boxes and starting the pack/move process with books to re-seller for credit. Hope you'll keep reporting progress so we can cheer you on.

Great idea to reduce drafts by hanging blankets over doorways.

Would you find it helpful to dump all kitchen tools in a shoe box, retrieving what you use when you need it and returning those items to the drawer. Anything left in the box after 6 weeks is re-evaluated. It can be helpful to put small stickers on the bottom of electric appliances [whizzer, blender, mixer, food processor etc] and remove them when used. If they still have stickers after 3 months, re-evaluate whether to sell, re-gift or donate.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >