Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#240501 - 01/02/12 12:07 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: Bubblegum]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Just finished taking down the tree, and angels. Will move the tree out, vacuum and dust and that room is done for now.
YEA, first week done !

Will do deep cleaning in the family room (my living room) during the year as it comes up on the branches.

Good going Bubblegum.

#240507 - 01/02/12 12:24 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: Waterlady]
Cyd Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: W. Canada
Friday, vacuumed, steam cleaned entry hall and closet. Neatened shelf basket of gloves, scarves, hats. Moderate weather resulted in light weight fall stuff still in use so 2 baskets on the closet shelf. Transitioned several pairs of shoes and boots, winter jackets for donation to hold until either box is full or if items are pulled into use.

Living Rm: still trying to make it easier to put items away. Seeking a permanent home for dog's grooming box since I usually brush and clip WonLi in Lv Rm while watching TV or relaxing. A leather looking photo box holds his brushes, combs, clippers and doggie conditioner and I've kept it with a similar looking box of remote controls on the shelf under the coffee table. Was storing TV guide, pencil box, extra electronic cord case and laptop computer travel bag, which made the area cluttered looking fast.

Today, installed a hook and hung computer travel bag in the entry closet, moved rarely used remote control box to DVD binder shelf. Will seek a more attractive pencil box to be both decor and useful. Emptied magazine holder of catalogues and re designated for TV guide and current magazines. [tweaking never ends]
Cleaned all glass table tops, dusted slate fireplace threshold.
Used the level to adjust pictures as the vaulted ceiling throws off perception. A quick check under sofa & chair cushions netted $ 1.32 in change lol.

Will vacuum Friday as part of that day's routine but pull furniture out from the wall, include baseboards and under sofa and chairs cushions.

#240510 - 01/02/12 01:22 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: Cyd]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
Living room has been vacuumed and mopped and all the surfaces have been cleaned. I have also packed all decorations away apart from the tree.

Tomorrow I want to pull the sofa out and do behind that. I didn't get chance as I had an unexpected visitor.

#240521 - 01/02/12 04:21 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: Karen1975]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Did the vaccuming and dusting and cleaning. Looks good.
Glad I left the "Winter" accents up. Fits in nicely so the room doesn't look so "empty" after taking the tree and angels down!

#240538 - 01/02/12 07:56 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: dianaro2]
texasnana Offline
Bronze (Newbie)

Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Perfect day for me to figure out how to get back on here. Took me a few days but finally got it.

I cleaned and vacuumed the hallway and living room today with no disruptions, no babysitting or family home YEAH!

I even got a nap in. It is good to be back it has been 5 or 6 yrs since I first got on here but with what name who remembers it has been to long and too much has happened in the past few years. DH passed away, DGD was born 4 moves many changes but I took lessons from here with me where ever I moved so the clutter is under control in most of the house. Thanks for being there when I needed you most. Now I just want to stay connected with all of you. Once known as LinLin, then Linny and now Texasnana.

It was the passwords I couldn't keep in my mind.

#240557 - 01/03/12 08:32 AM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: texasnana]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Well, Texasnana, we are glad you are back! ((((((HUGS))))) regarding the loss of your DH. We love to see past GONers coming back.

Keep us updated on your progress. Sounds like you are doing a great job already!

#240561 - 01/03/12 09:42 AM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: dianaro2]
sweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Duncan, BC
I remember you, Texasnana! As Linny at the time, it rang a bell as soon as I saw it. smile So sorry to hear of your loss, and bless you on the arrival of a grandchild.

I have just returned here also, and look forward to feeling like a part of the group again, too.

Living room is done and entry way was not too bad, just need to mop floor and it's good. May do a shoe inventory in that closet and see if I can let a couple pairs go, I got a new pair on my birthday last week and am trying to stick with one in, one out for things like that. I love my shoes...won't be easy...!

#240595 - 01/03/12 06:15 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: sweetpea]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Yay, returning GONers! Welcome back!

Today, I washed the inside of the front door (which opens directly to the living room) and one of the dining area walls.

#240647 - 01/04/12 01:43 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: blessmymess]
texasnana Offline
Bronze (Newbie)

Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Today Hung curtains finally in LR and a picture of GreatGrandma above fireplace.

Vacuumed entry and LR DR area
Washed Dishes and put away
Washed Bedding put back on bed
Paid bills

Now time to relax while I have the chance.

It does feel good to be back. My DS is even keeping his room clean and organized since moving here 1 month ago let's see how long this lasts.

My biggest obstacle is setting up my quilting area because it is shared with my computer desk which is also the sewing desk, and the dining room set, which I need to use as my cutting table. It is a tight squeeze but it will be organized and usable before the end of the week. HOPEFULLY if not there is always next week. The Lr is also in the same area, it is a LR, DR combo room.

#240653 - 01/04/12 05:02 PM Re: BRANCHES WEEK ONE; ENTRY WAY AND LIVING ROOM [Re: texasnana]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Texasnana
Doing good. One babystep at a time.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >