Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#240999 - 01/09/12 09:10 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
Karalin Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Yes, Bushlady, there are so many "just in case". Just taking care of my houseplants are becoming a chore and part of the need for some of them was to propagate and sell, but that goal is gone for now. So I really had to wrestle with some plants that were partially dead, due to sort of purposeful neglect. Should I or shouldn't I? Do I rescue this plant or let it continue dying...so hard.

I got tough though and cut away at other plants I could pot up, and didn't. Cleaned up the area and things are looking much better and I feel better. I told myself that the time I spend on tending to these house plants will go to getting rid of unneeded household items and what not.

Congratulations on your laundry room! Another room to work on as it is part pantry and storage room for just about everything!
I did get rid of a large bucket full of lint! Can you believe that? I'm going to make the bucket go away and put in a small wastebasket. This is part of my letting go of a few dreams...or busy hobbies...as you can put lint in compost piles. Since I'm letting go of some of my gardening goals I really don't need to compost lint. So I'm really letting go of some dear dreams of mine, so that I can be happier and stress free.

#241009 - 01/10/12 08:12 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Karalin]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Karalin:
Welcome back. How about giving the plants away, or selling them to a local florist? Call and see if they are interested, and maybe you can make a little money on the choice, Just a thought.

It all takes time and thought, and babysteps. I know you want it done NOW, but it is better to take your time and now wear yourself down....

Bushlady:
Good going on tossing some of these things we keep keeping!
Am am doing the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Going to do the budget sheets this morning, and also do a babystep in the basement.

Dining room was finished yesterday after I rested from my drive to my luncheon date, and just have the floors to do now.
Have 3 smallish tea pots I removed, might give them as gifts,
a couple of dishes that can be put elsewhere, and donated a large teacup and saucer. Can add to my tossing list.

#241022 - 01/10/12 11:52 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: dianaro2]
blessmymess Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Maureen: I like how you organized all your goals into categories. smile

Goals Update for me:

Environment:

- Finish setting up the bedrooms! - DONE! DD still needs to decorate her room (put posters up, etc.) and I need to put away a few things, but the bedrooms are set up and closets switched.

- Get a few items checked off the Master List, incl. getting closet doors fixed or replaced

- Put away holiday decorations/deep clean as I go

- Declutter! - STARTED; DD went through her closet and put a pile of clothes aside for donations; I culled a few items, but need to go through drawers, etc.

- Organize files

Spiritual:

- Daily devotions - ON-GOING
- Monthly prayer meeting

Personal:

- Make my health a priority
- Update wardrobe

Others:

- Spend some US time with DD

- Spend some family time with the extended family - Had 3 extended family gatherings, so far this month and another planned for next weekend!
- Spend some time with neighbors - visited one set of neighbors over the weekend; called and spoke with another neighbor and made plans to go out for coffee next week.

Time Management:

- Become better at managing my time! - WORKING on it!

Edited by blessmymess (01/11/12 12:03 PM)
Edit Reason: Update

#241024 - 01/10/12 11:57 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: dianaro2]
Canadagirl Online   content
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: midwest
2012 Goals week 2:

Maintain and Improve health/fitness:
*probiotice tx DOING
*contact Df about challenge DONE
*call about scheduling massage
*check out schedule for skating rink DONE

Support DDs in their schooling and activities:
*fundraiser (extended)
*thank you letters (scool assignment)
*snack mom for 4H

Connect with friends/family:
*make DD's bday invites
*make sympathy cards
*Df birthday gift PROGRESS
*cards for df2
*call DA DONE
*shop for DD gift

Work towards a clean and organized home:
*go through hand me downs/pass on what we don't want/need
*rake leaves? LOL
*clear surfaces PROGRESS
*check second hand store for bookshelves

Take time for leisure and hobbies:
*read books
*bookmobile
*scrapbooking event
*make cards

#241027 - 01/10/12 12:02 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Canadagirl]
Canadagirl Online   content
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: midwest
Diana I did get the receipt already. Hopefully I won't have to send them in any supporting documents (not a big deal if I do) and then wait for them to send my biometrics appt. then wait...

thanks Carol smile

Karalin: It is hard to give up dreams. but good for you in recognizing that in giving them up that you'll achieve more than you dreamed of...

Thanks Bless ~ its easy for me to feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. Separating them out like this helps me see that I am working towards life goals even if they're not glamourous goals.

#241030 - 01/10/12 12:50 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Canadagirl]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
Karalin, I returned home last July after 3 years in Europe and I haven't replaced the houseplants I gave away when I left. I was a little tempted yesterday by a most unusual pink flowered plant but then remembered how much I detest remembering to water plants. I guess I should get rid of the empty hanging pots over the kitchen window though! : )

Diana, you reminded me that I have stuff in my china cabinet that never gets used, just takes up room. But I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with that yet!

#241035 - 01/10/12 02:17 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Bushlady:
I moved some things around, and it looks much nicer, and I already finished up the dining room today! The windows need to be done but the sun is shinning now.

Did the budget papers, put them in the folders for each month.
Need to start shredding later.

#241041 - 01/10/12 02:56 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
Karalin Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Originally Posted By: Bushlady
Karalin, I returned home last July after 3 years in Europe and I haven't replaced the houseplants I gave away when I left. I was a little tempted yesterday by a most unusual pink flowered plant but then remembered how much I detest remembering to water plants. I guess I should get rid of the empty hanging pots over the kitchen window though! : )

Diana, you reminded me that I have stuff in my china cabinet that never gets used, just takes up room. But I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with that yet!
That is too funny, Bushlady! I know, I have to stay away from garden centers now. I do not look at catalogs or go to my favorite haunts. I have many plants outside as I was planning on growing Garden Nursery Plants and selling them. So my houseplants are a reminder of what the work I have to do during the spring, summer and fall. So it is a real test as to what I want my future to be like.

Diana--I tried to give them away, but only asked a small group of people on FB. I could try Craig's List, which is funny as I got the Spider plant for a dollar in its large pot from Craigs List. Actually, that wasn't striped so I might have allowed that one to die...ha,ha. Then bought a hanging one at a local store and it grew lots of babies, it loves the location I give it.

I even had one baby sit in a tray below it to get some water and root. So yesterday was the first time clearing up this area and discovered this one baby has great roots and has conformed to the small space of where I placed it! smile So this is what I did, I left the smaller babies on the plant, got rid of all the dried leaves and dead baby Spider plants, put the good ones floating in a bucket that I have baby gold fish in. The fish get well water, so that is how I take care of them. I didn't set up an aquarium this time around, as I'm working on letting go of collecting too many pond fish.

So that has taken some discipline and definitely some grieving as you know all about my ponds. I have cut back on the extensive watergardening I use to do...my goal was to raise fish to sell along with the water lilies I've collected. But this is on the back burner or might be given up forever. I just can't maintain these hobbies at this time...which saddens me. frown

#241046 - 01/10/12 03:52 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Karalin]
californiagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Oakhurst, CA
Today is my last day of Winter break. It is a bittersweet day for me. I'm very thankful to have a job that I love to go back to, but I am not looking forward to the extreme busyness that goes with it. I enjoyed my sleeping in and having no deadlines. I suppose it's like that for everybody. It was nice to have the time to just "be" and sort through so many things rattling through my brain and deal with all of the emotional stuff. I've been to a dark pit and now I'm pulling myself back out, not sure that I want to as it takes a lot of work and effort on my part when all I'd really like to do is burying myself under the covers and never come out, but I do anticipate that it will be good for me once I trudge through the muck and get to the other side.

I'm going to the property management company this afternoon to pay the remainder of Jan. rent and to let them know that I'm looking to move. I pray that we will be able to find an affordable, cozy little place that is just as perfect for DD and I as this house was going to be for the three of us once R and I married. I'm not looking forward to the actual physical part of moving things, but I am looking forward to moving in the sense that it will be a bit more closure for me (and hopefully warmer too!). Being able to spend some time thinking, I've decided to look at living in this house as a year of learning and blessing and be thankful for that year. We were fortunate to have had the opportunity to live in a fabulous big house for a whole year, and somehow (still not sure how) I was able to do most of it on my own, and we made it! I can do this!

The only thing that I did not complete on my goals list was cleaning out that mess of a hall closet, but I did start on it so that's a step in the right direction. Once I start back to work tomorrow, I will work on writing a new goals list which will include the things that they surprise us with tomorrow.

And, good news....DD's schedule with school is much more managable for me as far as chauffering duties this semester. I only have to drive her to the college campus 2 times a week and the charter campus 1 day a week and then various music activities 3x/week. And, the earliest one is at 11:00 a.m. so I can get some work done before leaving the house each day. Hurray! I'm hoping that it eases some of the time-crunch stress that both of us have felt the past few months.

#241051 - 01/10/12 04:24 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: californiagirl]
Karalin Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

californiagirl--It sounds like you are ready to move forward. I too, would rather be under the covers on some days, but now the days are getting "longer" yippee! I always look forward to when the days begin to get long. Although, we have had a mile winter so far. That is good news about your DD's school's, etc.

I have a hall closet that I dread cleaning out, but if I did I would have a spot for my vacuum! LOL!

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >