Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#240514 - 01/02/12 01:36 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: mary57]
Karen1975 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Staffordshire England
Oh my goodness I started my exercise regime today and boy do I ache. Todays exercises involved lots of squats and lunges and my thighs certainly know about it. However I feel great for making a start! smile smile

#240523 - 01/02/12 04:51 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Karen1975]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
My goals are beginning to take shape in my mind, but I haven't had time to write them down. However, I have already written 3 letters and got some toys ready for donation.

#240552 - 01/03/12 08:17 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Yep, Karen, those exercisees the first week are killers. LOL
take it slow.

Bushlady:
Sounds like you were productive in writing 3 letters and donations too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just doing little things I planned for this week getting done is a great boost to keeping up with my goals. Didn't write all down, but did plan a weekly agenda of items I would like to complete. Hope to see if it is working after a month, and I don't
forget to do the items.

#240566 - 01/03/12 10:14 AM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: dianaro2]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

January goals:

These are so many and varied that I hardly know where to start! There are just so many areas of the house that need organizing.

Basement:
Go through box of picture frames and donate most. Find a place to donate or sell the box of special items, ornaments, etc.
"Toss' the brass fire irons, box of comics. Go through large cardboard box. Go through plastic boxes of games, spare dishes, etc.
Go through box of dishes, etc. used when we camped. Decide on air purifier, microwave that needs fixing.
Reorganize storage areas, especially all the maple syrup equipment. Possibly move freezer and 'beer fridge'.

Computer room or office:
My stuff is the main problem. Genealogical binders etc. Drawer full of old greeting cards to get rid of. Supplies of pens, glue sticks, stickies, labels, art materials need to be sorted and stored properly. Closet has stuff which needs organizing.

Laundry room:
Need to pull out cleaning supplies and reorganize.

Storage on walls of basement stairs;
Need to take stuff out of organizer wall bins and evaluate what needs keeping, also clean bins.

DS old bedroom/sewing room:
This room still has stuff belonging to DS, also some of my craft supplies and a bin of fabric, some not useful. Closet needs sorting, also the two small cases and box with loads of photos! (these may have to wait a long time!) Two pairs of jeans still to patch, pair of shorts to hem (DHs summer pants worn at bottoms so cut them), skirt to take in.

Front hall closet:
Still some stuff needs to go, I never finished sorting it.

Our bedroom:
Still need to toss some jewellery items. My bedside dresser needs sorting.

So far, I looked at some stuff in the office drawer, did babystep removing some plain paper to store elsewhere. Found interesting letter to my late DGM, forwarded to DM who sent it to me in the days when no internet. Has info. about family of my birth father.

#240570 - 01/03/12 12:21 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Bushlady]
sweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Duncan, BC
I like the idea of goals versus resolutions, read about this in the GON newsletter. Monthly goals should be more attainable than general wishes for changes to happen. I have one specific goal for January, to finish the first module of an on-line program I started 6 weeks ago. I will also prep some writing outlines for a book I am conceiving, so by February it can be a specific goal to complete part 1.

#240692 - 01/05/12 12:34 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: mary57]
californiagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Oakhurst, CA
Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year (a few days late).

2012 so far has been......uh.....challenging.

House filled with smoke when I tried to light a fire on New Year's Eve. Drat! Don't know what I did wrong. It has happened before to me and happened to R as well (and he was a firefighter and knows about these things).

Made the major decision that we are definitely going to move from this house because the financial stress is causing me to have panic attacks again. We just can't stay here. The lease is up in early March so that's my goal to find a new place to live and by out of here by then.

New Year's Day we ran out of propane. How that happened I have NO idea because we put 100 gallons in on Dec. 1st. I had DS come over and turn off the big tank and turn off the water heater so the house wouldn't blow up. Despite those preparations, I was abruptly awoken at 4 a.m. to an awful smell that told me we had to get out of the house FAST. Called 911. Stood in the middle of the street with DD waiting for firecrew. They checked everything. No gas leaks, no CO2. They said that the smell was some sort of additive the propane company puts in to alert homeowners that the tank is empty. DUMB that they don't tell people that. Jan 2 had to pay for 100 gals of propane PLUS a $95 system check fee because the tank was empty. Total cost $450+. I didn't have that so had to rob Peter to pay Paul AGAIN, and ended up only paying a portion of this month's rent. Oh but wait - propane company says they can't get here until Thursday the 5th. So.....we've been without heat and hot water since New Year's. They just left a little bit ago and we're all back up and running now, but it has been yet another "pioneering adventure" for the past few days for us.

And, I have no idea how I'm going to pay the rest of the rent or the bills coming due this month, but you know what....at this point, I don't care. Somehow, it will work out.

Let's see. What else. Oh, DD believes she has failed Algebra 2. We knew she was having difficulty with it. The teacher just teaches differently than she learns. I understand that totally since I tried to teach her Algebra 1 and failed miserably with her. She and I are going to go talk with the other math teacher at her charter school tomorrow to see what he suggests. He's the teacher that she had last year whom she just adored. We'll see what he says and go from there. She's a straight A student, including her college courses, so obviously there's some sort of problem we need to address, either change her class or the curriculum or something.

On a more pleasant note, I have nearly completed the first quilt that I am making from R's clothing. I just have a little bit more machine stitching to do and I should be able to finish that up today.

I did some purging as I was packing away the Christmas decorations and condensed everything into two bins, plus the box for the tree and the wreath. I'm happy about that. Less to move!

I'm downsizing and simplifying in all areas so that I can just get rid of all the extra "stuff" (clutter, garbage) for a couple of reasons:
1 - So I don't have to move it.
2 - I am looking for a much smaller place for us to move to so we won't have room for all of this.
3 - It's very freeing and helping me with my mental state.

Does this happen to any of you? I feel richer when I have LESS stuff rather than MORE stuff.

I sorted through some boxes and other things in the garage and have a pile going for donations out there. Two or three boxes of books that I'm going to give to a friend of mine who runs a used children's clothing/toy store. She has an area upstairs where she sells books to homeschooling families. I won't make money from it because she gives store credit for donations and my DD has outgrown that store long ago, but it will get the books out of my garage and be going to families that can use them.

I'm still off work until next Wednesday (ahhhh.....it feels good!). So a few more of my goals to accomplish before then are:
- Set up new household files for 2012
- Finish Quilt #1
- Meet with teacher at Charter School
- Catch up on dishes and laundry since we haven't had any hot water
- Wash car (Totally cleaned out the inside yesterday)
- Sort through boxes in "hallway" closet and purge.

#240694 - 01/05/12 02:24 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: californiagirl]
californiagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Oakhurst, CA
Now this is funny to me. Every year I procrastinate setting up my new files for the year. I just finished purging all of my personal/household files for 2011 AND set up all of my files for 2012 in under an hour. CRAZY that it's something that really takes me so little time and I put it off every single year. One time I even put it off for a couple of months. NUTS!

One thing crossed off my goals listed above. On to the next one....

#240697 - 01/05/12 04:08 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: californiagirl]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
I agree with how little time it takes to set up the new year's files Carol.

Sounds like you are enjoying the time off despite the financial problems. Hoping you find a cheaper place to live, and convenient for you and DD.

#240699 - 01/05/12 04:52 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: dianaro2]
Canadagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: midwest
Carol how scarey! glad everyone is okay. We had our furnace quit on Christmas Eve morning ~ I'm so glad that we decided to stay home this year or we would have come home with broken pipes.. even with such a mild winter (so far).u

It worked so well for me to list goals by week last year that I will continue that this year.

2012 Goals week 1:
*renew green card DONE
*order online items DONE
*make dental appts for DDs DONE
*chiro tx DONE
*plan DD's bday party
*finish sending NY's photos PROGRESS
*update calendar PROGRESS
*switch bookshelf/shelving unit/filing cabinet around DONE
*fundraiser PROGRESS
*make sympathy cards
*rake leaves? LOL
*clear surfaces
*Df birthday gift
*cards for df2
*DD's dfs' bday party (gifts/cards)BOUGHT

#240703 - 01/05/12 06:24 PM Re: JANUARY GOALS - WEEK ONE [Re: Canadagirl]
Bushlady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Front hall closet:
Still some stuff needs to go, I never finished sorting it. DONE - not much to do at all - tossed 2 hats, one headband and one pair gloves.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >