Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#239052 - 11/29/11 12:11 PM Less Than a Month Left!
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
And I am not ready!

The floor refinishing has really put me off schedule! All my craft supplies are packed up, things are not unpacked because we haven't got the new furniture yet, and I haven't done half the things I had planned to do!

Time to revise the plans!

#239057 - 11/29/11 12:54 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: blessmymess]
Cyd Online   content
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: W. Canada
Took time this AM to review holiday tableware, linens. I am fortunate to have nice tablecloths, napkins and holiday tableware passed on from grandmother, mother and favorite aunt.

We use these for all the holidays and most Sundays. I hope you too use the nice stuff regularly and enjoy it!

#239070 - 11/29/11 05:49 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: Cyd]
hartbe Online   content
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: indiana
I have finished decorating. I need to purchase a fresh cut wreath for out front gate.

I went to the outlet mall today, so I have a good start on shopping. I did buy a few things for DGDs on Black Friday. I went to Meijer & Target after the crowds had moved elsewhere.

#239076 - 11/29/11 06:46 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: hartbe]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Started the decorating. Have the outside and main bathroom completed so far.

#239087 - 11/30/11 09:01 AM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: dianaro2]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Michigan
Today and tomorrow will be cleaning the house and setting up the tree, door and mantle. Probably won't be doing anything outside this year, but that is fine if I get the indoors done.

#239116 - 11/30/11 06:03 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: dianaro2]
Gabby Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Minnesota
I'm having a rough time getting progress made. DD dragged up cartons and we did a bit of decorating...probably all that's going to get done.

letting go of putting lights on outside.

also: DD is my personal shopper. I transferred monies into her account and she went out shopping black friday with some friends. she's a good shopper and I hate it! yeah.

just have to figure out what I want to do 24 and 25th.

#239118 - 11/30/11 08:25 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: Gabby]
halebop Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Lost in the clutter
Got the decorating done, cards made and ready to mail, and some of the shopping for the grand kids done. The adults draw names so got my name and waiting on some ideas from the family.

www.pinterest.com/daysez

"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfil all His promises...leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself."

#239127 - 12/01/11 12:21 AM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: halebop]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
I made a set of 4 placemats, today, with 2 remnant pieces of fabric and quilt batting that I had on hand in the stash. They are fairly plain placemats - just a single piece of holiday print fabric on the top with solid red backing, but that's OK. I couldn't do patchwork, etc., with the limited amount of time that I had. Not quite sure, yet, who will receive them - perhaps my neighbor, perhaps a friend.

I think I will not figure out the cost of gifts I make with supplies from my stash and deduct it from this year's holiday budget. Partly because so much of it had been bought so long ago that I have forgotten how much I paid! Partly because I have, obviously, already paid for them, presumably from previous budgets. So, I will account only for money actually being spent this year.

Plus, I want to reduce the size of my stash! To that end, I used up 2 pieces of fabric, a tiny bit of the quilt batting and a spool of thread.

#239152 - 12/01/11 12:54 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: blessmymess]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Michigan
Used the reward cards on Black Friday weekend and got the 2 big gifts for DB and SO. SO is on a shopping spree with collectible knives for his son(almost 14) and has informed me he got this really cool one that was very cheap that I will be giving to his son for Xmas.(it's actually an extremely expensive one that he got for a great price)

I was able to pick up a personal coffee/tea maker that was a doorbuster at Wally World for just $3, and also got him(SO's son) a nice mug to go with it....nice gift and under $5, and a couple gag gifts at the dollar store too.

I am also regifting a bunch of movie tickets to DB as he goes often with my sister and SO and I never go.

Bless, so agree with reducing the stash. I am gifting a couple of nice candle sets and misc items in an effort to get rid of the stuff.

SO has gotten his dad a really nice pocket knife engraved about being a veteran and I still have a few gift card from last year that will be passed on(they havent been used and are still good...no fees...I checked).

So, the house has been cleaned top to bottom....just need to do the mopping throughout and put the rugs back down, then will put up the mantle, a few misc decorations, and when SO gets home tonite, he will help me pull down the tree from the overhead shelf in the garage.

#239159 - 12/01/11 03:43 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: beaglelady]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Ladies are doing great!

I worked on the tree in the family room and added some items in the main bathroom. Have some ribbon I want to put on the tree and added some angels on the family room bookcase. Brought out the ceramic village, and need to add some lights so I can install in another large space on the cabinet wall.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >