Loc: va
go tina, go!

i did mine wed

mary

#239435 - 12/09/11 08:38 AM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: tinytina]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
I am so far behind on the cards! Might make them New Years cards instead. Don't know what happened this year, except too many classes. Have to look at that for next year, besides the cost in money, don't like this not being on top of things.

Well, I will enjoy my two luncheons today and Sunday and then play catch up next week (have two luncheons then too, only I am not hosting them).

At least the house is decorated and I can play and/or bake, and write the cards and send out gifts next week inbetween the luncheons. Just two classes next week and that is it until the new year.

#239448 - 12/09/11 01:18 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: dianaro2]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Diana: You are not behind. We still have 15 more days left till Christmas and New Year cards are good, too. smile

I don't have any of my cards written out yet, and will not get to them until after this weekend, anyway.

Christmas prep. is on hold until this weekend's almsgiving is completed. smile

One celebration at a time!

#239452 - 12/09/11 04:26 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: blessmymess]

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Definitely the right perspective Bless. I still have another luncheon to have, and want to rest tomorrow! LOL The ladies pitched in and helped me, and we never even worked on our projects we were having such a good time eating and visiting! LOL

You are a sweetie! Thank you for reminding me I am not behind.

#239457 - 12/09/11 06:29 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: dianaro2]
hartbe Online   content
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: indiana
I too feel like I'm behind. We had a Christmas gathering last Saturday with DH's extended family. It was quite early this year for reasons I will not go into, so I think that is what has given me a rushed feeling.

I will go to Kohls tomorrow for a couple of gifts, & then I believe one more trip out to various places will for odds & ends will finish the shopping.

I am planning to start wrapping this weekend.

#239485 - 12/10/11 11:20 AM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: hartbe]

Platinum (100+ Posts)

hartbe:
Good going on the plan.

I will shop on Tues. and mail out by Thurs/Friday. Have another busy week, but can manage inbetween the various things.

#239523 - 12/12/11 02:49 AM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: dianaro2]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Michigan
I have a friend who decided she would not push herself with the Chrristmas card frenzy. Instead she waits til after the first of the year, designs a card with memories of the past year(she says its easy with photoshop or some such program) and does her "christmas letter and card" as a Valentines Day card, usually going out the end of January!

As for me, very few cards going out and haven't even started them.

Did manage to get the entire interior of the house decorated and all boxes put away this weekend. SO and I went stocking shopping for myself and him, his kids and my DB. He and his son made a board to go under my mantle display for the hanging of them, so feeling good about how the house is looking....right down to the hand towels in the bathroom!

gifts are purchased and just need wrapping.

cards are when and if time permits.....refuse to stress on that one as there is really not lots of time with the other things that have come up that must be done by Dec 22.

#239554 - 12/12/11 06:29 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: beaglelady]

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Bought the stamps today when I mailed out the boxes I needed to for my aunt. I may have NewYears cards.

#239599 - 12/13/11 06:26 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: dianaro2]
hartbe Online   content
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: indiana
I finished shopping today.

I will wrap tomorrow. I will start with presents for my family. My DB & SisIL will be here from Virginia on Friday, so I need to get all those things wrapped. Lots of gift cards & small goodies, so it will go quickly.

#239601 - 12/13/11 06:37 PM Re: Less Than a Month Left! [Re: hartbe]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
I've decided to give gifts of cookies to several of the people on my gift list, this year, instead of my usual jams. Partly because I haven't made the jams yet and making cookies is easier than making jam!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >