Thank you, thank you!!!! Your support means so much to me. Reading that people that I have never met are thinking and praying for us gives me additional strength and courage to push through this battle.
I have come up with a plan of attack for tomorrow. Of course, since my life is changing minute by minute right now, it could all change again, but here it is for the time being:
- DD has a class tomorrow morning. She really needs to be there as it is her toughest class and she hates to miss class. I need to keep her life as "normal" as possible under the circumstances. So, I've decided that she will still go to her class as scheduled.
- Tomorrow is the first day of the class that I will be teaching online to our region's third graders. I really need to be there and it will only take an hour, the same hour that DD's Algebra II class is. So, I will go ahead and teach my class as scheduled and that will keep me from having to lose any pay.
- I have meetings with two of my families tomorrow afternoon. I am going to tell them that I have a family emergency and reschedule their appointments. They are two of my most wonderful families and I am sure they will understand without me having to go into details.
- After I teach and DD's Algebra class are over, we will head into the city to go to the courthouse to try to get the death certificate. The only problem that could arise is that they won't give it to me. I've checked online and it says that only a spouse, a child or a parent can get a copy. There are some other extenuating circumstances such as being involved in a legal case or law enforcement in which a person can obtain the death certificate. We'll see what happens once I get there. I am taking a copy of our lease on this house (which R's name is still on because he never went to the property manager to change that). I'm also taking the paperwork that I have printed stating that we had applied for a marriage license. I'm taking the email with the wedding chapel confirmation. I'm hoping and praying that I have enough "evidence" that I'm entitled to it. If not, I will see if the credit union can call them or vice versa.
- I am going to wait on the restraining order until Tuesday. At this point, if someone comes to my house, it will be breaking and entering and trespassing, which I KNOW is a criminal offense, not a "civil" one. I talked with R's Colorado brother last night and he told me that I shouldn't worry about it at all (easy for him to say because he isn't being threatened and he's a thousand miles away). I didn't tell him too much because, afterall is said and done, he IS still one of "them" and I don't trust anyone right now. I "think" I can trust him, but just being cautious. He said that Mr. Twit and R's son are both wracked with guilt right now because they treated R so horribly for so many years. And, they are very greedy and since this involved money and material possessions they are furious. He knows them better than I do and believes that they wouldn't actually physically harm me. I'm however not convinced of that because I have seen R's son physically attack him on numerous occassions and the police had to be called. Anyway, I'm going to wait on the restraining order for at least a day as their threats to me indicated that they would be coming to my house in October.
So...that's my plan of attack for tomorrow.
- BREATHE!!!!!!! Deep breath in, deep breath out.
- Catch up on some work since I will be "out of the office" tomorrow afternoon.
- Pick DD up from her dad's this afternoon and then enjoy the heck out of her this evening.
BTW, I was so exhausted last night that I slept for 11 hours (with a huge hammer under my pillow - that's for you Dianaro!
Another BTW, in the midst of all of this, DD has had this strange skin thing going on across her abdomin for awhile. We've been watching it for changes, but it really hasn't been anything to cause concern. It doesn't hurt, itch, bleed, it's not red or crusty or odd shaped or colored. We went to the doctor on Friday morninig to have it checked out and he says that he has seen this associated with a seizure disorder. Two of my nephews have a seizure disorder that was diagnosed at about DD's same age. One of them is my nephew that drown two years ago. DD is being referred to a specialist for testing. Please dear God let her be OK.