Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#215534 - 06/27/10 11:57 PM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: amyp]
sfahn Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Grants Pass, Oregon
Hi all,

Sorry I have not been on for a little while now! This is all getting to me with many things going on all at once! I have not even had any time to go visit my horse for crying out loud that is how busy I have been!

Here is what has transpired!

Yard sale BLUES! 10 total people showed up and not much left! Less then 10 items to be exact! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! BTW that was the grand total for 4 days! With listing it all over town as well.

Since today was our last day of it we saved some of it that might sell at a swap meet or try this again plus all of my home made items and stuff.

ALL the rest which was 10 bags of clothes, 5 vacuums (Without belts),Misc Dishes, Shoes, toys etc All which covered about 5 more boxes were given to Goodwell and the 7th day Adventist Church (Dorcus) so they are ALL GONE NOW!

I won't be on much until after the 9th of july! I am not sure to what my husband has planned! July 4th is also our 1st year Anniversary and the 8th is my Birthday. So we are pretty much trying to recoup and think about what we are going to be doing for these 2 items. I am hoping for a relaxing VACATION!

Anyway I also having problems with the dumb computer again so if you private message me do it at this name please. My IE is not working whatsoever now and is shutting me down whenever I try to use it. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Born once die twice,
Born twice die once!

Are you Joyful in the service of the kingdom? SONrise Southern Gospel Ministries

#215541 - 06/28/10 07:26 AM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: sfahn]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Sarena:
Great going on donations! Sorry the yard sale wasn't so good.
Depends on what people are looking for, I guess.

Have a lovely time doing whatever DH plans. I am sure it will be fun. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to you!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Worked in the bedroom and sorted thru and rearranged the beading
boxes I have. Everything was pretty arranged, but needed a little tweeking. I found a necklace kit I had misplaced! YES!

Also working a little in the basement....forever it seems, but there is sooooo much not there anymore, it isn't hard to do.
Just a matter of deciding where things will go.

How are your ROTM coming along?

Amyp:
Let me happy dance with you! The wall is done and things moved back. I know I read that somewhere! WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO and a happy dance with you. You sure worked hard on all that, along with helping DH with his surgery and recuperation! Feel very good about it. What will be your reward?

#215571 - 06/28/10 02:28 PM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: dianaro2]
amyp Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Adkins, TX
Okay Diana, put them dancin' shoes on! Tappity tappity tap...grin

Spent today putting the paint tools and leftover paint away, gathering up tools and such. I hung two wall lamps back up--decided I couldn't live without a light behind me to read by. Did you know it takes four times as much light to sew by than to read? As I get older I'm finding that to be more and more true.

Anyway...the last thing is to make some double welting to apply to the valances. Then, I'm not happy about the size of the rod pocket on the valances, so I'm going to rip them out and re-sew them, and apply the welting. Last thing will be a good dusting and vacuuming and the room will be ready for pictures. I just have to keep DH and DD out of my hair tomorrow so I can sew.

My reward will be delayed, I guess...DH is still out of work. We know he got the job, we just have to wait till the paperwork gets processed. Hopefully by mid-July. But really just having the room in order so I can get back to my regularly-scheduled schedule is reward enough.grin

#215590 - 06/28/10 06:51 PM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: amyp]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Oh, amyp, that is great that DH got the job, but as usual business works in their own time frame.

You tire me out! You would be proud of me, I sewed all those squares with the xs for the ragg quilt. This is becoming fun.
I also dug out the hat wall hanging I have had for years to do, and the new appliquing I want to do!

Have to go sort the paints, I forgot about that in the ROTM.
Doing laundry also.

#215621 - 06/29/10 11:07 AM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: dianaro2]
cindyjkane Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Muskogee, Oklahoma
The guuy called and asked if it'd be ok to come next Tuesday to work on the bathroom. I said ok. He wasn't finished with the job he was on. I can understand that.

I also bought a new TV. MY neighbor is going to come get what I have this week. Then I can get all that suff delievered. I'm excited about getting a new one. It is going to mean I will need to do some decorating in the family.

I'm getting my root canal tomorrow morning. I swear the appointment was next Tuesday but it's ok with me. That does mean I need to buy groceries and fireworks today if I can fit all that in. Maybe groceries and Fireworks Friday,

Cindy

#215651 - 06/30/10 12:20 AM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: cindyjkane]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Michigan
Y'all have been sooooo busy getting tons of things done. WWWOOOO HHHHHOOOOOOOO!! big happy smiles smile smile smile

Although I have not been on line, I have been super busy here too.

After being sick, I took the recovery time I needed and then we had a big storm, and a week and a half ago no power for 2 days, then the power finally came back on and the next day the modem died, then the blasted ATT would not help me get the system going again since I did not buy one from them(it was $30 less at best buy), so I had minimal computer access for the past 6 days. And on top of it, I have been working a lot and job hunting.

So.....my update on ROTM/ROTY progress.....
Outdoor projects are for the most part done. I have put in weedblock and mulch on one side of the house and along the back. The front yard gardeny areas all have mulch down, the gifted hosta has been split & planted along with 2 others I bought(for $2 at a yard sale), the plastic borders are down and I bought some pavers to edge it with, the solar lights are also in place and I also put some flowers along the edges by the porch. And the ground cover I was gifted is starting to take nicely too.

The laundry/storage room behind the garage has been swept, dusted and reorganized, gaining me some much needed floor space and providing another couple of boxes of stuff for the someday yard sale.

I have swept and started the cleanup in the garage too and even that is starting to show.

The weekend long power outage gave me time to project/clean and continued into last week with me getting both the master and guest bedroom done top to bottom. With no power, there was not many distractions, so all beds were stripped & everything sat til power came on late Saturday for laundering....even the bed pillows & area rugs. I hung matchstick blinds & the rest of the pictures in the master, reorganized closets in both bedrooms, the armoire, and managed to toss several items of clothes and 5 pairs of shoes as well. I also did a thorough cleaning in the full and half baths, hung crutain rods in the guest room and main bath and even managed to sort through some papers and tossed them in the office. NO, the office did not get much attention.

I spent the day Sunday ironing(a task that I put off til I have no choice!), then cut down a window scarf and turned it into a curtain for the main bath. Have started a similar project for the guest room-the sheet is cut to size just not finished yet as I don't think I can get away with the iron on seam tape since this fabric is heavier.

I also had an interview for a job and got it. I will be starting in a part time position at the same warehouse store I was working at before but this time will be their employee, not the third party vendor. It will be 3 days a week for now, but will help supplement the other job as the commission only is not good in this economy. I am really disappointed in it as what they told me is not the reality of the earnings and I just don't have the time to wait for it to pan out.

as far as the yard sale, I may just try to do it this weekend. The roomie and her beau will be gone, and since my brother spent last weekend and Memorial Weekend with me, he will be with my sister for the 4th. With no one around, I may be able to get more done. And when I start the new job late next week, I will be working 7 days a week til one of the two becomes a major money source(can we say....learning to rebudget time and fast!!)

#215669 - 06/30/10 07:06 AM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: beaglelady]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Beaglelady:
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl. YOU DID A TON!

Good luck, and have the yard sale, sounds like a perfect time.
I wish I had your go to with the yard work! I hate it, but when the weeds are gone, maybe I will feel more motivated. I have the new solar lights to put in, and also the special sand for the front walk! The weather is good, and sunny and cool, so once I get the weeding done (there are so many it may take until the fall, I swear!) I can concentrate on beautifying things.
I never even got the hats on the side of the shed for decorations up this year with all the rain!

#215676 - 06/30/10 08:05 AM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: dianaro2]
beaglelady Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Michigan
Diana, I don't have that much exterior gardening type work to do, focusing on keeping it simple. The hardest part is the multiple trips to buy the bags of mulch(Ihave a small car), and loading and unloading them and carrying them to their designated spots. I have an area about 6 feet deep and the width of my house, a small brick ranch, with which to "fix up", so it really isn't much to do.....and I am not getting fancy. If it doesn't come back on its own next year, I am NOT doing it, except for a few accent flowers!

I keep working on the little stuff inside though and the dining room will be the big project. I came home to a soaked bamboo rug(under the table of course), as Maxine had to go and she will squat near the door or use the bathroom rugs if no one is around. Needless to say the rug is rolled up in the porch and will get a good washing and cleanup with pet neutralizer before it goes back down......just one more reason to tackle another room!

#215703 - 06/30/10 03:33 PM Re: JUNE ROOM OF THE MONTH ( ROTM) [Re: beaglelady]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Poor baby! They can only hold it so long. Have you thought about those pads for your dog? You can contain her in a room and put those down when you will be gone a good length of time.
Just a thought. I would put Gypsy in the bathroom, and she only had one accident, but on the tile it was a breeze to clean.
I felt sorry for her being there alone, and have let her stay in the front hall now, where she can look outside if she wants to or sleep, which is what she usually does, in her little bed.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9