Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#195038 - 08/20/09 02:04 PM Anyone else toss more when...
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
you're in a bad mood?

I have always been able to toss things much more easily and quickly when I'm in a bad mood. I just tossed two (small) bins of stuff from my bathroom and didn't think twice about any of it.

If I hadn't used it since I got here last July, it's gone. Nothing in the bathroom is sentimental and thus would qualify for exemption from the 12 month rule for me.
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#195040 - 08/20/09 02:17 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: Kimberly Purcell]
mapster Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: SoCal
Oh yeah, I can go on a real tossing binge when I'm cranky!

Actually, I found that having a break from all the stuff also helped me to toss quite a bit. I left for 6 weeks to go visit family, then when I came home I went around the house and tossed a lot of extraneous stuff that had been hanging around. I guess, it was kind of like the "fresh eye" concept that is helpful in different situations, almost like an outsider looking in on a situation noticing things that those who are IN the situation don't necessarily notice.

Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.
- Annie Lennox

#195041 - 08/20/09 02:24 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: mapster]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
Absolutely Pam! The other side of that is if you've been away and survived without the stuff just fine, why do you need it?

Obviously, I'm not talking about family heirlooms, etc but day to day disposable items or items you flat out no longer use.
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#195042 - 08/20/09 02:27 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: mapster]
Catwoman Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Hampshire, England
Definitely! I think for me it's more that if I'm in the slightest emotional, for whatever reason, I'm more inclined to keep random bits. For example some dirty bus ticket from two thousand and whenever just because it was when I met DBF! Or similar.

#195043 - 08/20/09 02:45 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: Catwoman]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
The only items I toss when I am in a bad mood is FOOD (preferably CHOCOLATE) into ME! Does that count?

I'm sorry you are in a bad mood, ChefSam. (((HUGS)))

#195045 - 08/20/09 03:48 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: blessmymess]
jenn6903 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Oooh, I toss waaay more when I'm cranky!! I think it's a stress buster. When the kids are being rotten and hubby is away working, I often clean or organize things in the evenings. It seems to help me relax. For instance, the kids are driving me CRAZY the last week. I think they are bored or something, always fighting. So, the house got painted in the evenings. I'm not a long hot bath and a cup of tea girl, I need to do something to feel the tension slip away. And throwing things away makes me feel so good!! \:D

#195046 - 08/20/09 03:49 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: blessmymess]
tinytina Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New Brunswick, Canada
I have to completely agree Bless. I am definately an emotional eater.

I'm sorry you are in a bad mood, ChefSam; I hope things get better dear. Hugs dear!

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward
"Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another." -- Marva Collins

#195048 - 08/20/09 04:10 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: tinytina]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Jenn: Next time you are cranky, will you come over to my house, please? \:D

#195054 - 08/20/09 04:57 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: blessmymess]
ShowMeMO Offline
Platinum
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Missouri
I also start tossing if my DH and I have had words. LOL He is a sweetheart, but once in a while we have to have a few words to clear the air. That's when I start going through things WITHOUT TALKING and toss.

Also, if I have visited someone's house that makes me think I would like one like it, I come home and start changing things, tossing, rearranging, etc.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

#195081 - 08/20/09 10:14 PM Re: Anyone else toss more when... [Re: ShowMeMO]
Nutmegger Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Connecticut
ShowmeMO-

Hee, hee, too funny! DH and I used to call it "Argue and Clean"!! LOL!! Now we are just too tired to argue with each other!

Seriously, now. Yes, I find it MUCH easier to let go of items if I am in a bad mood. But we have both been quite good lately about tossing items. I have sold several items on Craigslist this summer (air conditioner, toddler slide, sandbox, 3 bikes), and our recycling center has just instituted an electronics recycling component. That was inspirational for us, as DH is an avid computer/electronics junkie who loves to build and fix all things electronic. I was so proud of him, as he tossed at enough electronic equipment on Tuesday to fill up the back of my car (Subaru wagon)! And he only brought home ONE ink jet printer, which he promptly fixed to use on his computer in the basement! Gotta love him!

Nutmegger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >