Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#182212 - 03/13/09 09:09 PM 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2
Canadagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: midwest
I often hear people say that if they were to evacuate they would grab their photos if they had the chance. Yet, it seems that they are one of the last things people organize.

Here's to getting those precious memories organized ~ however you choose to.

#182318 - 03/15/09 12:15 AM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: Canadagirl]
jenn6903 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I always told DH if we had to evacuate to grab the computer tower - yank out cord and run!! Most of our photos are stored on our PC (we do have copies on cd's elsewhere) but then we would have our pictures and all personal info - we would just have to get connections elsewhere to retrieve them, which is easy enough.

I went through my scrapbooking stuff tonight while DH is out with the boys. I have a pile of stuff for my friends to go through and see if they want. If they don't, I'll give to my kids for crafts and stuff. I have everything whittled down to my scrap bag and another smaller duffel-type bag. I really wish I had somewhere to keep my things set up. Oh, some day when the kids are older!! \:\)

#182319 - 03/15/09 12:40 AM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: jenn6903]
ElizabethClark Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA
Well, we *did* have to evacuate, and because I had *just* (the day before) gotten all my photo stuff in one area, it was a snap to grab the photo boxes, pages in progress, album, and hard drive.

Hey, being stuck in temporary digs in a hotel room is a great time to go digital, right? \:\) I have work projects under tight deadlines, so I wouldn't be working on albums even if we were back in our place, but I think I'll use some digital exploring as a reward this week.

www.notmolly.wordpress.com

#182893 - 03/20/09 07:03 PM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: ElizabethClark]
jenn6903 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

I got some more pages done. I am going to a 'scrap night' tonight, so hopefully I will get more done then.

How is everyone else doing?

#182906 - 03/20/09 09:27 PM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: jenn6903]
Chellybelly Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Maryland
All my pics are off my old computer which I broke on accident taking it to be repaired. Since i had to buy a new tower, everything is all clean now. I want to upload the old ones, they are all on one disk.Maybe it would be easier to organize if i started fresh?

#183341 - 03/26/09 07:53 PM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: Chellybelly]
jenn6903 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

EC: I've played around with digital scrapbooking. It's ok, you can really make some beautiful things with it. I like the 'hands on' myself. But, I also make my own embellishments and stuff. I find it relaxing after a long day.

#183570 - 03/28/09 05:55 PM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: jenn6903]
Canadagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Liz: Wow, I'm so glad everyone is safe and things are working out so well.

It would be so much easier to grab a book of CD/DVDs than shelves of albums wouldn't it? Of course I was referring to more of an advance warning type of evacuation than a get the kids and get out type of evacuation.

I meant to say in my original post about the story I heard of a family in the fires in Australia. One family put their children in the car and went back in for somthing. When they came out of the house, their car was in flames. I don't mean this as a judgement. I believe those fires were so hot and fast that the fire was probably miles away when they went into the house. And I wonder what happened to what they had gone back for.

It's something that has been good for me to think about to keep balance. To keep from making the memory more important than the here and now...

You are all doing well. It's nice to see you Chelly!

My gf had the girls the other day so that I could pack ~ I ended up doing some scrapping instead!

#183730 - 03/30/09 11:20 AM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: Canadagirl]
phantom37 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Kansas
I went to what was supposed to be a 15 hour crop. Between the weather and going back to my friends house to feed her baby we were there about 5 hours. I got 3.5 pages done. I wasn't very organized, but now I am more motivated to work on them now that I home.

Logic will get you from A to B. Creativity can take you anywhere. Albert Einstein

#184467 - 04/08/09 11:15 AM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: phantom37]
Canadagirl Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Alyssa: That is frustrating. Hopefully you've stayed motivated/inspired and have had time to continue to be creative.

Our moving plans have been moved back another month. I really need a break from looking at boxes, so I've cleared my schedule to work on scrapbooks. I'm planning on accomplishing a lot.

How are you doing?

#184511 - 04/08/09 07:53 PM Re: 2009 Photo Challenge Part 2 [Re: Canadagirl]
jenn6903 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

I went scrapping last night and got 2 pages done. Slowly, but surely I will get caught up someday!! \:\)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >