Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#178193 - 01/31/09 11:52 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: dianaro2]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
I had a productive afternoon yesterday. I spent lots of money in a hurry! I picked up Mom so she could get groceries. I also got one of my framed pictures that has been at her place since we moved in Oct 2007 (bad Darlene). I now have a "place" for it in my house.

On my errand run I -
1. went to the lumber yard, bought a gallon of white paint (for the closet project) and paid our account there (renovating materials)
2. stopped at the place where they do picture framing. I selected mat colors (2) and frame for a small oil painting that a friend gave me many years ago. I want to hang 3 special-to-me paintings as a grouping in my bedroom so the challenge was to choose mat and frame that would "pull" the other 2 together - one is a winter scene framed with a dark brown wood frame; the other is "scratch art" on a black background, framed in black. It also had to work with my wall color and the bedspread colors.
3. bought a large order of groceries.
4. while Mom and I were gone, DH changed the exterior door knobs on my Mom's place. She was finding it difficult to turn and open a standard round knob so we got her the handle style. I switched the keys for her and got 2 more keys cut.

When I got home, I discovered that my DH had not given me a chance to put a second coat of paint on the closet wall area BEFORE he set the closet wall unit up \:\( I was tempted to yell at him but I chose not to!

Instead I waited until this morning and had a "quiet chat" with him. I asked him how he wanted to deal with getting the walls painted - and explained the 2 choices that I had thought of -
1. paint around the unit but he would have to paint the high section because I wasn't sure I could reach over the shelf (I played my "I'm short card"), or
2. remove the screws and take the unit down to give me easy access to the walls.

He promptly went into the bedroom, removed the screws and lay the cupboard unit down on the floor. So I promptly put on my special "paint outfit" and painted the wall area! DONE YEAH!

When I finished, my tummy was feeling a bit upset so I took it easy. I seem to be OK now so it wasn't serious - YEAH!

I led a short online chat (15 min) and sent in the report.

I think for this afternoon I'm going to work towards a "done" list instead of from a "todo" list. That means I'm going to do whatever strikes my fancy and jot it down when done - maybe play around with some of my sewing projects.

http://powertochange.com/

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook...William James

#178201 - 01/31/09 01:25 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: DarleneM]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Darlene:
WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO on your painting and being so nice to DH so he would take the unit apart! Good going on all you completed.

~~~~~~~~~
I am back and tired. Going to rest until church time and then
rest the rest of the weekend. I am planning on working on a few things to finish them off myself. I hope to complete the sewing project that needs hand sewing and the lining of the purses I have crochet.

#178211 - 01/31/09 04:22 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: dianaro2]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Halifax, Mass
Hi all, Just wanted you to know that I got the book oday...have I startd it no, but at leas I have. Oh and for the record aside from getting the book, I have done nothing at all today not even laundry and I dont plan on doing anythng either.

DH did 2 loads of laundry, hung up these 2 decorative signs I bought on the walls, and delegated the kids to clean upstairs bathroom, vacuum the stair runner and wash the hardwood on the stairs. Now thats what I call heaven!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Kim

#178215 - 01/31/09 05:13 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: luvmymastiff]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Dianaro, when I informed my DH that he would have to paint the high section if he left the unit there, his teasing response was, "you're being tough!" LOL

He's got that unit back on the wall (no further complaints from me), installed securely and I think he's adding the front pieces. I'm trying to stay out of his way!

Good for you, Kim with putting the kids to work!

For my "done list" today besides what I listed earlier -

- I finished sewing the queen-size quilt top. I need to purchase fabric for the back and for binding it. I think I'll use an off-white broadcloth for both. I have batting for it already.
- I sorted the pattern pieces for M's wedding gown (meaning that I took out the pieces I will need to work with and put the other pieces back in the envelope); and made "adjustments" to the bodice pieces - that part of the pattern is now ready for sewing a "trial bodice" out of scrap fabric to see how close I am to having it fit. M is planning on being in town 2 weeks from now.
- there's 1 load of clean, dry clothes in my dryer waiting to be folded and put away.
- plus I spent a fair amount of time with my computer just being lazy.

I need to go get some taters from the basement for supper so I'm going to take the wedding gown stuff down with me, get taters and my clean laundry. That's 3 steps... wonder if I can remember them all? LOL

http://powertochange.com/

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook...William James

#178222 - 01/31/09 06:07 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: DarleneM]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Great going today Darlene! You really did alot.

Miss Gad about was out again today. I did ETE before church, and cleaned up after dinner. Have a whinny cat behind me now.
First he was on the table where the computer is, now he is behind the chair I sit in whinning. He (I can read his mind) wants to sit on the sofa and I am not going there yet! LOL
Then the dog joins in and the three of us are together under a blanket. Got the gas bill today, and am lowering the thermoastat and layering. It is fine in here, it is a pretty good sized home. OK, he is back at the computer watching me type....this is hysterical. Think he wants some treats.

#178225 - 01/31/09 07:12 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: dianaro2]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
doodle, thanks for the welcome back. i've been posting on the productivity thread for about 3 weeks now, but wanted to read all the posts i missed in this thread before i posted here. i'm all caught up since oct.

j DID i today

made bed
pupa and ete
ran and emptiedthe dw
laubdry

kim good going in getting the kids on boards with cleaning.
everybody did well today.

jdi's for sun
watch 60 min and cold case - i hate fb
spend 15 min on the jigsaw
read 20 min

mary

#178234 - 01/31/09 09:09 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: mary57]
Suzy Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Arizona
Um--I guess all I can say is I'm still here!!

#178252 - 02/01/09 07:56 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: Suzy]
Doodle Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Massachusetts
Suzy that is very unlike you, you usually have a million things going on. Glad to hear your JDI for today was touching base though. Hope all is well.

Mary I guess you graduated to Productivity, I'm still in the what am I going to force myself to get done today phase.

Today cooking and the Super bowl. Don't care who wins the Patriots aren't in it this year so it's an adjustment we have to make in Massachusetts.
On a side note, Big Brother is coming for a donation pick up tomorrow and I only have 4 bags for them, I know there is 20 more in the attic. I have to do better in these hard times I know there is stuff people can actually use!

#178254 - 02/01/09 08:18 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: mary57]
mary57 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: va
i got 1/2 hr done on the jigsaw yesterday after i posted, so today i'm going to knit for 1/2 hr, play a computer game, do a fill-it-in and read

doodle, remember ... progress not perfection. praise yourself for what you DID do instead of beating yourself up.

mary

#178257 - 02/01/09 09:08 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week One [Re: mary57]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Great going mary;

Suzy:
Hope you are enjoying AZ and reading and knitting. It is going to get cold again, so stay if you can! LOL

Doodle:
I don't like football so I will either be watching a movie, or something good on cable. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today as the weather is going UP to 38 I am going to straighten out the things in the garage that I couldn't do in the extreme cold. Just putting things away from shopping and some pop that might explode if I keep it out there in the open. Then I can do some fun things.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >