I had a productive afternoon yesterday. I spent lots of money in a hurry! I picked up Mom so she could get groceries. I also got one of my framed pictures that has been at her place since we moved in Oct 2007 (bad Darlene). I now have a "place" for it in my house.
On my errand run I -
1. went to the lumber yard, bought a gallon of white paint (for the closet project) and paid our account there (renovating materials)
2. stopped at the place where they do picture framing. I selected mat colors (2) and frame for a small oil painting that a friend gave me many years ago. I want to hang 3 special-to-me paintings as a grouping in my bedroom so the challenge was to choose mat and frame that would "pull" the other 2 together - one is a winter scene framed with a dark brown wood frame; the other is "scratch art" on a black background, framed in black. It also had to work with my wall color and the bedspread colors.
3. bought a large order of groceries.
4. while Mom and I were gone, DH changed the exterior door knobs on my Mom's place. She was finding it difficult to turn and open a standard round knob so we got her the handle style. I switched the keys for her and got 2 more keys cut.
When I got home, I discovered that my DH had not given me a chance to put a second coat of paint on the closet wall area BEFORE he set the closet wall unit up
I was tempted to yell at him but I chose not to!
Instead I waited until this morning and had a "quiet chat" with him. I asked him how he wanted to deal with getting the walls painted - and explained the 2 choices that I had thought of -
1. paint around the unit but he would have to paint the high section because I wasn't sure I could reach over the shelf (I played my "I'm short card"), or
2. remove the screws and take the unit down to give me easy access to the walls.
He promptly went into the bedroom, removed the screws and lay the cupboard unit down on the floor. So I promptly put on my special "paint outfit" and painted the wall area! DONE YEAH!
When I finished, my tummy was feeling a bit upset so I took it easy. I seem to be OK now so it wasn't serious - YEAH!
I led a short online chat (15 min) and sent in the report.
I think for this afternoon I'm going to work towards a "done" list instead of from a "todo" list. That means I'm going to do whatever strikes my fancy and jot it down when done - maybe play around with some of my sewing projects.