Topic Options
#177271 - 01/23/09 07:54 AM JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Good Morning ladies!
Boy this month is surely flying by.

Suzy:
I too appreciated your explaining the ideas. Thanks.
Lucky gal basking in the warmth of AZ! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
Do you find it easier at that house compared to the one in IN?
I always felt on vacation in MO. even though I had work to do, it was different there, and not so much clutter, just the necessities and I brought what I wanted to work on with me.

Too funny about calling DH by the dog's name! ROTFLOL

Crafty:
Too funny about the beard. I also love your Mom's line about stopping when she gets to the right one. Precious

Kim:
Busy as usual. You are allowed to forget paying the bills one night with all that you have to keep up with each day. Before long the twins will be in school!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, my JDIs are kind of on the small scale. I seem to have run out of energy this week.

Let Grandpuppies out
Another trip to feed them tonight Go to luncheon
PO
Work on Procrastination listWork on Valentine cards

That's it for me today.

Edited by dianaro2 (01/23/09 07:55 PM)

#177290 - 01/23/09 08:49 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
ann39 Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Canada
I am going shopping.
Knitting in 2 sessions today.
Put all my laundry away.
supposed to go out for supper to celebrate DH and DS Birthday
they are just one day apart.
Not a hard day and I dosed up on my pain med before I go . Even the sun is shining. Better put a smile on my face. Ann 39

#177292 - 01/23/09 09:00 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: ann39]
Craftyldy Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My list for today is:

Fill in insurance papers and get them in the mail.
Transfer between accounts.
Balance my cheque book.
Dishes
Daily wipe in the bathroom.
Daily wipe of the kitchen
Knit on the baby mitts if I have time.
Go to work.

#177293 - 01/23/09 09:05 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Dianaro, enjoy your short, easy JDI list as a reward for all the hard work you have done getting your home and life simplified.

Some time today the accountant is supposed to be coming here to collect our information for taxes. This should be our last year with a "complex tax return" for self-employed business income. One thing I like about this company is that they come to us for the information. In addition, I've been dealing with these people since the mid 70s.

My boxes await me yet. I seem to be ignoring them (Bad Darlene) so I think that should be my focus for today.

Other JDIs should be -

- clean bathroom
- send email asking the MDiv faculty adviser if he is willing to be my MRRP adviser. I think it's part of his job but I want to show courtesy by asking.
- read Bible, "supplemental" book and lesson for Monday's Bible study (baby steps)
- quick kitchen clean - mainly PUPA clean dishes out of sink
- maybe go downtown to get fabric for finishing quilt enlargement project. I "need" 1 strip 3 inches wide to finish the quilt but I also want to make bedroom curtains from this same fabric. Problem is, I don't know what size my curtains will need to be because we know we will be changing that window in the spring. I don't know if I want to leave my house today or not. It's COLD again! BRRRRRRR!

http://powertochange.com/

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook...William James

#177303 - 01/23/09 11:41 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: DarleneM]
Craftyldy Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Update:

Fill in insurance papers and get them in the mail. (DONE)
Transfer between accounts. (DONE)
Balance my cheque book. (DONE)
Pay Bills. (DONE)
Dishes
Daily wipe in the bathroom. (DONE)
Daily wipe of the kitchen (DONE)
Knit on the baby mitts if I have time.
Go to work.

#177305 - 01/23/09 12:01 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: Craftyldy]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Halifax, Mass
Diana: Good for you on having a nice sinple list enjoy your day. Yes you are right about the bills its not like they are late I just feel dumb while I was paying bills that I left 2 right on my desk in front of me and just skipped over them...I noticed them this morning oh well they are paid now.

Ann: Hope you enjoy your dinner out

Darlene: Its amazing all you get done in a day you keep me motivated to do more...LOL

Crafty: Good going on your list for today.

Here is my update:

[*]Laundry-2 done 2 to go
[*]Wash kitchen floor
[*]Pay a couple bills I forgot them yesterday...lol
[*]Call college to see if room in class if so register
[*]Work on taxes
[*]ROTM:
****Work on MBR closet
****Go through dresser drawers

I called the college and they have a spot in the class for me...going to bundle up the girls and go register....I know as if I dont have enough to do I will just throw a class in there. I have been meaning to take some since I got pg with the girls. I want to further my nursing degree better job, better money. Might as well do it while I am home and with DH working days I can take them at night now. So one at a time I will do. I am taking English comp 2...they looked up my records and I took english 1 20 years ago in 1988...wow makes me feel old, but they will accept it even though its been 20 years cuz its the same school. I will start there. I have to take all my sciences again b/c they are too old...yuk I am going to procrastinate on those ones.

DH is fighting an awful cold and hes installing a furnace today poor thing I think I am going to throw a chicken noodle soup in the crockpot for him for when he gets home late tonight.

Well Im off
Kim

#177312 - 01/23/09 12:47 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
tinytina Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New Brunswick, Canada
Sounds like many of you are quite busy while many are trying to take some time for yourselves too. Find some "ME" time this weekend everyone!

I am super excited this is my fiance's first weekend of law firm interviews (interviews for Prince Edward Island Saturday, a firm in the city on Tuesday, and a series of interviews next Saturday for Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). I am willing to move where he finds a job. So here's for prayers and good luck wishes.

My JDI list for today:
-fold and put away 4 loads of laundry
-unload dishwasher, load and run again (done)
-pay cell phone bill
-finish writing one article
-wipe down toliet, sink, and counter in bathroom
-go pick up suit for fiance at dry cleaners (done)
-work on putting binder together for my cooperating teacher
-fill out paperwork for substitute teaching package

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward
"Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another." -- Marva Collins

#177323 - 01/23/09 02:11 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: tinytina]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
I need to get back in here! I've long lists of things to do, but they won't get done unless I JUST DO IT!

Diana: Hope you are enjoying your day. You certainly deserve to have a fairly easy day, every now and then. \:\)

Ann: Hope you had a productive shopping trip and were able to find what you were looking for. A special dress, was it not? Enjoy your dinner out, celebrating the b'days, too.

Crafty: Wow! Look at all you were able to get done! You are an inspiration to me.

Used 2B Messy: \:\) I love your new name! How wonderful and what an inspiration, you are, too. I don't know if I will ever be able to call myself, "Bless My Neatness", but that would be something to strive for, wouldn't it? LOL!

Kim: You are another one who is a source of inspiration to me - you always manage to accomplish so much in a day! I am sure you are going to enjoy your class.

TinyTina: Best wishes to you and your fiance. Hope everything works out well for you both.

My JDI list for today:

- Go to the Post Office to mail package
- Call doctor's office
- Call library to renew DD's books; if not, go to the library after work to return books
- Do 2 loads laundry
- Bake banana bread
- paperwork/file (30 mins)

I've more on my list of things to do, but if I keep the JDI list short, maybe I won't get so overwhelmed and might actually get them done!

#177326 - 01/23/09 02:36 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: blessmymess]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Bless:
That was my idea today, and I bumped off the PO. Can do that another day, nothing pressing.

Kim:
Wow, school too?! Goodness and you are sleeping when? LOL
You are such a good mom, and it is the right time to go to school while the girl's are young and you are home with them.
Good luck, and doing it like you are should take time, but it will be managable for you.

Craftyldy:
Great going on the list!

Darlene:
You always have a long list. Good for you. If it is cold again, that means we will be cold this weekend BRRRRRR.
You need to send me one of the quilts for sending that cold weather down here (do you think that will work ladies?, hehehehe)

Tinytina:
Glad to see you are doing fine on your list. Things will work out for you two in whatever way is best. Don't worry it all does fall into place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back from luncheon and had a lovely time . Also got a present from SIL, a lovely necklace. She liked the restaurant food also.
First time she was there. Whew, I always worry that it will be good and the ladies like the choice I made.

Heard from DS2 and have grandpuppy duty this evening to feed, and let them out. Don't mind they will be taking care of my
pets sometime for me too.

#177347 - 01/23/09 04:55 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
aprilsweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Australia
Hi there. I'm doing stuff in our main bed room this morning before it gets too hot in there (we are having very hot weather here). My list for today is:

Wash all the bedding.
Dust and vacuum.
Take the big ugly chest out and put it into the garage for another use, maybe even sell it at a garage sale.
Organise my shoes.
Declutter some clothes that I haven't worn for ages. I've thrown out two bags of stuff from the wardrobe already.

So I'd better get off here and get cracking. LOL

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >