Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#177921 - 01/29/09 12:29 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
blessmymess Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Everyone seems to be doing well.

As for me, I finished knitting my scarf. Mailed my bills and bought the stamps. And I started on the kitchen cabinets. Oh, and did 2 loads of laundry (but that wasn't on my list)

JDI's for today:

- bank
- mail 1 package?
- take DD to gymnastics
- continue with kitchen cabinets

#177944 - 01/29/09 02:05 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: blessmymess]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Been sewing instead. Can do the floors later. Nephew was over to look at some furniture for his first apartment. His boyfriend may need it. Got rid of the two kitchen chairs I was going to donate. His dad needed it for his other son's desks! There was a reason I didn't bring those over to GW!

Decided to switch things around today. Wanted to sew as much as I could so I can iron all and then do the handwork. Have to be in the mood.

#177963 - 01/29/09 03:48 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
My JDI update

- eye check-up appt (at 1:25 pm) DONE The good news is that my eye health appears good and my lenses don't need replacement - YAY!
- Bible study prep and email DONE
- rest, relax, have a nap, etc (while my eyes return to normal after the "drops") My eyes are blurry but functional; rapidly improving as the effects of the drops wear off.
- work on MRRP proposal
- ETE and PUPA throughout house ONGOING
- move load of laundry to dryer, fold and put away DONE
- wash bedsheets, dry and remake bed DONE
- wash another load of laundry CURRENTLY IN DRYER
- baby step with boxes (I'm beginning to procrastinate on this - it hasn't formed a "log jam" but it's not getting done)
- lead online chat at 8:30 pm

I think I'm going to go see what I can accomplish with one of my boxes. Hopefully that won't need keen eyesight!

http://powertochange.com/

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook...William James

#177968 - 01/29/09 05:04 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: DarleneM]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Great going Darlene! WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Watching the impeachment today on our Governor! So sad....and already a tax increase, isn't that interesting....and the new governor hasn't even been sworn in. PLEASE!!!!!

Finished my sewing, pressing and will do some more on them tonight. First the outline and then the handwork.

#177972 - 01/29/09 05:41 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
aprilsweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Australia
Oh wow, thanks so much for your encouragement. It's really great.

I'm very lucky to be able to be working in air conditioned comfort all day here in a lovely place. I work in a State Library.

Yesterday I bought my husband the most divine watch. It's double the price I was figuring on spending but hopefully it should last 20 years like the other one did. He will be getting it for his birthday.

Now it's Friday 10.40am and on the way to work I

Picked up mail from the post office box.

Bought shelf brackets from hardware store, to replace old rusted ones in an antique cupboard we bought.

Bought another pair of shorts. I will return the other ones I bought yesterday. Didn't like them after all.

In the same store, bought a very pretty summer top for work. Sales are great!

Still to do today :

Pick up watch from watch repairers.

Organise and send off a couple of letters.

When I get home,

empty dishwasher.

organise dinner.

clean up kitchen.

Nibble at the ironing pile. Should finish it off tonight.

Cant' wait for the weekend tomorrow.

Hugs everyone.

#177977 - 01/29/09 06:04 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: aprilsweetpea]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Ingrid:
You are doing so well! Glad you got a great price and a good watch.

#177990 - 01/29/09 09:31 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Going to start the new month for tomorrow. I want to leave early so don't want you to have to wait until I get home from an errand run.

Great going see you in Feb. You can continue to work on what you are doing, just carry it over to Feb.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7