Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#177653 - 01/27/09 08:49 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Yes Kim, the absense of the big kids will make a noticeable difference with your grocery needs. I sure noticed the change as our kids started leaving home. In contrast, DH and I eat very little.

Good going Ingrid. I'm glad to see that you had time for relaxing too.

My JDIs for today -

- paint bedroom walls
- lead short online chat and email report
- do a baby step or two preparing for my Thurs Bible study
- baby step with boxes
- ETE and PUPA
- work on adjusting pattern for M's wedding dress - fitting and redesign. I love doing this kind of stuff - I find it an exciting challenge and sooooo rewarding when the finished dress looks awesome!

http://powertochange.com/

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook...William James

#177679 - 01/27/09 11:44 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: DarleneM]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Kim:
What a lovely surprise for DH and the girls, going to visit him.
Love that. Mom use to do that with me when I was little, go visit dad and take a LONG LONG walk. It was very far now that I think of it. Still it was fun to be with her, and see dad at work!

I am sure you missed the kids. When all heck breaks loose you'll think what was I thinking? LOL

Great going on the closet and the clothes. You are right, better to get rid of the skinny things and if you do loose the weight you deserve new things. (My idea to do too).

Darlene:
That is so awesome to be able to make a wedding gown! Wow!
I'm speechless (no comments please). LOL

My JDI list today:

Take Gypsy to vet
PO

Downsatairs babystep
Frig clean out
Vacuum bedrooms/baths DONE
Work on project

That's enough for today. It is feeling cold in the house lately, the way the breeze blows sometimes. Have to do things to stay warm, along with putting on a sweater. My slacks are a little too lightweight I think. Have a great day ladies.

Edited by dianaro2 (01/27/09 04:35 PM)

#177693 - 01/27/09 01:31 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
Cyd Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: W. Canada
I've used a laundry marker and number the underside my freezer storage containers & lids to avoid the search for the correct lid. For the fridge I only buy/use the same sz. [sandwich] ziplock Snap/Seal boxes.

When I first started buying Tupperware, they supplied a 'lid holder' that was easily mounted inside the cupboard door. Friends had their children make lid holders using 1 1/2 of the sturdiest paper plates which merely required cutting one plate in half, gluing, stapling to their craft/decorated whole plate. I'm now using an inexpensive plastic [W Mart]product that has a huge magnet on the back and easily stick to the side of the fridge.

#177695 - 01/27/09 02:01 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Halifax, Mass
Daina: Yes I know once the chaos starts again I will be like what was i thinking Here is an update on todays list

[*]Laundry-just 1 load again and that is even stretching it its a small one...LOL
[*]Go to Bjs and Sams club for a few things
[*]Grocery shopping, I feel like I havent gone in forever...no big kids saves on my grocery bill...lol

[*]Balance check books
[*]Pay bills

ROTM:
****Finish going through regular closet
****Go through DHs dresser drawers
[*]Pick up DFIL at 6pm, he volunteered to go into the city with me to get the kids at airport since its at night
[*]Pick up kids at airport...YAY!!!

Hope you are all having a good day
Kim

#177709 - 01/27/09 03:57 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
aprilsweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Australia
It's me again. Today is Wednesday and I'm writing this at 8.50am at work again.

Everyone is getting so much done, it's such an inspiration. I find mostly that I write things down I'm more likely to get them done.

Yesterday I didn't do the ironing (again!). Can you tell I hate ironing. LOL!

We had arranged for someone to do the following while we were away at work :

The front letter boxes had all been fixed. (Somebody had backed into them and knocked down a brick wall containing all the letterboxes of the villas we are living in). And even nicer, we had the same guy put all reed fencing along our back fence to cover up the colourbond fencing that was already there. It softens the look, and keeps it cooler. And it looks soooooooo niiiiiiiice!

Anyway my JDI for today is :

Go to work.

Mail some letters.

Do the ironing today (it's supposed to get hotter this week and I want to get it done before the temperatures rise too much, it's already quite warm today). Poor Melbourne and Adelaide are having temperatures of 41C all week practically. The poor tennis players in the Australian Open in Melbourne are certainly feeling the heat.

Cook a nice dinner (last night's shepherd's pie was yum!).

Download some new programs onto our home computer that I want to organise.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs.

#177715 - 01/27/09 04:39 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: aprilsweetpea]
dianaro2 Online   content

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Ingrid:
Send that warmth here! I don't like to iron either. Use to do it for hours every Sunday morning when the kids were all home!
That probably is why. LOL

Cyd:
Good suggestion to keep the right tops on the right containers without going thru umpteen of them to find the right one.

Kim:
Hope the weather is okay for the planes to land and pick up the kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will do the frig tonight or tomorrow, as the trash goes out tomorrow night for pick up. I also have a couple of big bags in the basement to bring up for trash day.

Gypsy is doing better don't have to go until Saturday for another appt. Also needed to pick up the special food for her too.

My project is at a standstill until I rethread the bobbin. The thread is all junked up in the bobbin so I need to tear it out and start over. It is a fancier thread, that may be why. Should put the cotton in the bobbin and just use it on the top thread.

#177717 - 01/27/09 05:26 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
blessmymess Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: So. Cal.
Add me to the list of those who are either not motivated or don't seem to have the energy!

It took me 3 days to get 3/4 of the way of the list I posted on 1/23! I renewed the library books, did the laundry, baked the banana bread (2 loaves), got caught up on the filing and paperwork, but, didn't make the phone call or mail the package.

On the other hand, I:

- knit 2 scarves (gave one away as a gift to my neighbor's daughter and gave the other to my DD),
- took DD to her dance classes,
- did the grocery shopping,
- cooked,
- cleaned the family room,
- cleaned the kitchen,
- cleaned the crafts/guest room,
- took the car for a check up,
- took the computer to the repair shop,
- cleaned out my files,
- paid my bills,
- read,
- visited 3 friends, and
- took a nap!

None of those items were on my JDI list, though.

So, here's my new JDI list for today:

- Knit another scarf

And here are the items that are on my NOT JDI's list:

- mail 3 packages
- buy stamps
- clean the chandelier
- vacuum the house
- clean the kitchen cabinets

#177718 - 01/27/09 05:35 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: blessmymess]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Bless, that sounds like you were one busy lady! Hint: add the things you do to your list so you can cross them off! LOL

My JDI update (5:30 pm)

- paint bedroom walls FIRST COAT DONE, WILL DO SECOND COAT TOMORROW
- clean up paint tools DONE
- lead short online chat and email report DONE
- do a baby step or two preparing for my Thurs Bible study
- baby step with boxes
- ETE and PUPA - SO FAR, SO GOOD \:D
- work on adjusting pattern for M's wedding dress

Also done that was not on my list -

- make appt for hair style (tomorrow afternoon)

Something that needs to go back on my list (still not done)
- clean bathroom

OK... I need to get into my online meeting. Cya around!

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

#177762 - 01/28/09 07:28 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: DarleneM]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Halifax, Mass
Yes Ingrid send some of the warmth here please!!!

Well the kids made it home safetly before the winter storm that came...luckily the made it out, they cancelled the later flights due to the storm. They were thrilled to learn that school was cancelled today they were both exhausted from their 10 days of relaxing in the sun...LOL.

Poor DD called her dad on the way home from the airport to tell him she got home safe only to get him on the phone with him crying. Her Rottweiler puppy that he got her for Easter last year got sick and passed away. Nice return from her vacation I was so mad at him for telling her right then I could have jumped through the phone and strangled him. I wish he had called me first and gave me the heads up. She was just getting over the loss of the Boxer puppy he had gotten her a couple Christmas ago getting hit by a car. I told him next time to get her a hamster. She went to bed all upset poor thing, she has a mini pincher over there too and wants to bring him here to live b/c she cant trust her father with animals. Can you imagine how much fun my mastiff would have with that little thing...LOL.

Anyway todays JDIs are minimal have all the kids home today so it will be loud and crazy just the way I like it...LOL. At least I will be able to spend some time with the kids I did miss them so.

Todays JDIs:

[*]Laundry-my mom washed the kids clothes b4 they came home...yay was expecting a ton.
[*]Have big kids help me put some stuff in attic
[*]Work on taxes
[*]Clean off desk...yet again DH can sure make a mess of it
ROTMs:
****Work on MBR closet
****Go through DHs drawers

If I get to ROTM I do if not who cares.

Kim

#177774 - 01/28/09 09:06 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Kim, I'm so sorry about DD and the puppy \:\( Give her big hugs from me, OK?

My JDIs for today -

- paint bedroom walls (second coat)
- empty dishwasher, refill as dirty dishes are created through the day
- clean bathroom (this is getting serious )
- go for haircut at 1 pm
- while I'm out, go purchase 0.1 m fabric for finishing quilt top alteration (I think I want a different color for curtains in that room)
- see if my special order is in at the electronics store in town (things that were on sale but not in stock at this store)
- finalize prep for Thurs Bible study and email information to 'A' and 'D'
- work on adjusting the pattern for M's dress
- other tasks TBA (maybe)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >