Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#177506 - 01/25/09 03:45 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
aprilsweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Australia
Today is Monday Australia Day and we have a public holiday. Yay!

Yesterday ended up being quite a full day but we managed to do the following:

We bought 2 nice pairs of shoes for my husband from factory outlet to replace ones which had died.

picked up pillow from laundromat - smells nice and fresh.

We spent a really nice afternoon with MIL, took her out for a bite to eat.

Dropped off four boxes for my friend that my husband picked up from his work. Gave them to my friend who is moving house.

She gave me 2 gorgeous lanterns that I can use for the garden, really pretty. Just need a good clean.

Water the garden. - Never got that done since we didn't arrive home till midnight last night.

My list for today :

Celebrate Australia Day with a yummy lunch, we're having a nice salad.

Ring my father to see how he is.

Finish decluttering the clothes in my wardrobe.

Water the garden, we're going to have to sneak that one in today.

Wash one load of laundry

Do the ironing - my husband does his own shirts which is nice. \:\)

Clean my two pretty lanterns that my friend gave me.

Otherwise we are pretty much taking it easy. I still haven't recovered fully from my flu I had last week, so yesterday's full day, even though it was totally enjoyable, knocked me out a bit.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hugs.

#177540 - 01/26/09 07:23 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: aprilsweetpea]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Halifax, Mass
Ingrid: Hope you enjoyed your holiday, hope you had time to relax.

Hope the rest of you enjoyed your weekend!!

I enjoyed my evening last night with just DH and the girls....though the quiet is soon coming to an end. Step sons will be back from there moms tomorrow and my kids come home from Florida tomorrow night. Though it was nice spending time with just the twins, I do miss the big kids, I enjoy the loudness and chaos...along with it comes lots of fun and laughter.

Todays JDIs:

[*]Laundry-just 1 load again today
[*]Clean out fridge: havent done it in a while I am afraid something may be living in there
[*]Go through pantry and see what I need to stock up on
[*]Make menu for the week
[*]Make grocery list
[*]type couple letters and invoices for business and mail
[*]Call kids make sure all is set for their return tomorrow
[*]ROTMs
****Continue to go through regular closet
****Go through and reorganize DHs dresser drawers
****Maybe paint twins shelves later this eve when they are in bed

DH is working until 11pm tonight so I should be able to get lots done.....though I hate him being gone for a long time.

Well off to JDI!!

Kim

Edited by luvmymastiff (01/26/09 09:30 AM)

#177543 - 01/26/09 08:28 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: luvmymastiff]
tinytina Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: New Brunswick, Canada
My JDI list for Sunday, will continue today:

-load and run dishwasher
-finish writing one article (sent 2 articles)
-wipe down toliet, sink, and counter in bathroom
-work on putting binder together for my cooperating teacher (got all my lesson plans typed up, need to put the papers into order)
-fill out paperwork for substitute teaching package
-laundry~ 1 load of towels, 1 load of sheets
-pharmacy prescriptions
-volunteering

Will continue to work on these items today.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward
"Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another." -- Marva Collins

#177554 - 01/26/09 10:49 AM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: tinytina]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
Ingrid:
You did alot yesterday! WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hope you enjoy your holiday today. What is the significance of it?

Kim:
I bet you missed the big kids and the twins did too, I am sure.
It is always loud with the kids, part of the family life! LOL

Looks like you will be a busy gal today.

Tinytina:
That is teriffic your lesson plans are all done and going into a binder! LOVE that! Show the cooperating teacher you are a GONer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My JDIs today:
Shred papers /5 baskets done so far
Copy items for DD / DONE

Clean freezer in kitchen
Pack up half dinners put in freezer
Project/one hour
Laundry/ In process

Hope your weekend had some fun in it. I enjoyed mine.

Edited by dianaro2 (01/26/09 04:13 PM)

#177574 - 01/26/09 12:32 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Not very motivated today but plugging along slowly. I think I will work on ROTM when twins go for afternoon nap....or I may take a nap havent decided. Heres an update:

[*]Laundry-just 1 load again today
[*]Clean out fridge: havent done it in a while I am afraid something may be living in there
[*]Go through pantry and see what I need to stock up on
[*]Make menu for the week
[*]Make grocery list
[*]type couple letters and invoices for business and mail

[*]Call kids make sure all is set for their return tomorrow
[*]ROTMs
****Continue to go through regular closet
****Go through and reorganize DHs dresser drawers
****Maybe paint twins shelves later this eve when they are in bed

#177579 - 01/26/09 01:05 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: aprilsweetpea]
biggestloser50 Offline

Loc: Canada
I should be doing errand today its 2 pm havent done a thing.
Its awful.
Slap me.
I wrote all lists what I have been doing yesterday did cross off.
Basement organzied are almost done cannot do much till my husband is done with wiring lights.
I have done write a lists and caught up e mails to prepare make a phone calls.
Tupperware conditnors are all over the place in the kitchen. It drives me nuts! Cannot figure out where to put ...Lids are making worse for me missing ones match ones. Lot of missing lids decide threw out.
I wanted to do laundry cannot do right now till hubby is done.
I m thinking and read over this forum.

#177585 - 01/26/09 01:40 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: biggestloser50]
DarleneM Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
biggestloser50, welcome to GON! We're glad to have you with us. Is your DH renovating your basement? You're doing great with sorting your Tupperware containers - that is a huge job! WOOOO HOOOOO (that's a GONer cheer for you)

Ingrid, you are allowed to rest while you recover from the flu. You don't want a relapse - your housework will wait. Trust me, I've proven that many a time over the years!

Kim, you remind me of the energizer bunny - just keep going and going. You accomplish so much in addition to caring for your family.

I'm getting the rest of my day organized. I was away this morning to lead a Bible Study group. While I was gone, DH painted the bedroom ceiling and he tells me it will be ready for a second coat soon (maybe by the time I get off this computer ;\) ) I figure this is the time to make sure we do a good job with the painting because once we move the bed in there, the chances of repainting will be close to nil.

The only other thing I have on my list for today is general stuff - ETE and PUPA.

http://powertochange.com/

Personal motto: If you are coming to visit me, come any time. If you are coming to inspect my house, please wait until such time as you can set up an appointment with a real estate agent.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook...William James

#177609 - 01/26/09 04:17 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: DarleneM]
dianaro2 Offline

Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Illinois
I am waiting until after dinner to pack up the food and clean the freezer, etc.

Kim:
Somedays are like that and maybe you need to rest. That is okay.

biggestloser50:
Just decide how many containers you need or want. I put some of my bigger containers in another area, due to the fact that they take up too much room in "prime" space (the kitchen).

I crossed off the things I completed so far.

#177613 - 01/26/09 05:01 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: dianaro2]
aprilsweetpea Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Loc: Australia
Oh thanks so much everyone for your concerns and cheers.

Yesterday was Australia Day. We celebrate every year on January 26. That was the day that Captain Arthur Phillip from England, arrived with the first fleet in Sydney Cove, and proclaimed it a colony of England. Hope someone can correct me if I have my facts incorrect. Anyway it is the official celebration of the first day of European settlement in this country.

Unfortunately that particular day also has bad connotations for the indigenous people of this country, and I see their point of view also.

Maybe we should just celebrate Federation day on January 1st when all the states who had previously been under separate jurisdictions came together to form the Commonwealth of Australia.

Anyway it was a lovely relaxing day for us, we had roast lamb for dinner (kind of a tradition for Australia Day). We were able to see the bigger fireworks from the front of our place from where Australia Day celebrations were being held by the local council in the park down the road.

The rain came and watered our garden for us. Yay.

Cleaned my gorgeous lanterns that my friend had given me.

Cleaned out 2 shelves in the linen cupboard.

Other than that, just veged out, watched TV, talked with my father. Great day.

To do today :

Download form to fill out and send out to obtain credit report for my husband (and myself too).

Check on website for details of a job that my husband wants to apply for.

Buy replacement hinges for cabinet that we bought from my friend's garage sale. The old ones were rusty and we want to replace them. It's a gorgeous antique cabinet with leadlight panels in the doors.

Make shepherd's pie for dinner with the leftover lamb roast. Yum.

Do some ironing. Never got to do that yesterday.

Other than that make myself useful at work! Where BTW I'm typing this from, since my two bosses are at a meeting.

Hugs

#177629 - 01/26/09 08:49 PM Re: JUST DO IT - JDI - Week Four [Re: aprilsweetpea]
luvmymastiff Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Biggestloser50: Welcome, glad you joined us. Your doing a great job it takes time and you will get there.

Darlene: Congrats of becoming a moderator...shows your doing a great job you always can inspire me. LOL on the energizer bunny comment...I certainly didnt feel like that today but some days are like that I guess.

Diana: I have come to realize that its okay to rest...I am enjoying precious time with my girls, I know they grow up all too fast.

Ingrid: Glad you got some relaxing time and enjoyed your holiday.

Well I started to work on ROTM this afternoon while girls napped. Went through a couple of baskets of clothes on the floor of the regular closet that are mostly summer and things that I will fit in maybe someday in my dreams...LOL. Put the summer ones in a tote and donated the "skinny" ones. I was going to aim to fit in them again, but I decided if and thats a big if I get there again I will just buy new ones.

After that I fizzled out. I have to go through the basket with DHs clothes but I need him here for that. If it was up to me I would donate them all they have been in that basket for a year and he probably has no idea whats in there. I also have one more basket thats mine but will save that for another day.

I decided to bundle the girls up and surpirse daddy at work tonight...16 hours is a long time for him to be away and the girls were just thrilled to see him and he them. I cant wait til my big kids come home tomorrow I really miss them and the maddness that comes along with them. 10 days is too long for them to be away and they are dying to come home...why to this cold is beyond me, but they may get an extra day off cuz we are supossed to have a snow storm tomorrow into Wednesday...at least its not supossed to start until after their flight arrives.

I am posting tomorrows list tonight...just killing time until DH comes home, I like to wait up for him.

Tuesdays JDIs:

[*]Laundry-just 1 load again and that is even stretching it its a small one...LOL
[*]Go to Bjs and Sams club for a few things
[*]Grocery shopping, I feel like I havent gone in forever...no big kids saves on my grocery bill...lol
[*]Balance check books
[*]Pay bills
ROTM:
****Finish going through regular closet
****Go through DHs dresser drawers
[*]Pick up DFIL at 6pm, he volunteered to go into the city with me to get the kids at airport since its at night
[*]Pick up kids at airport...YAY!!!

Have a great night all

Kim

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >