Topic Options
#168888 - 10/15/08 12:47 PM new uses for rubber drawer protector sheets
ClutterMama Offline

Loc: TX
I was thinking today on what else I could use the rubber type of drawer protector sheets for. I'm referring to the ones that look like they have holes in them and just lay in the drawer without adhesive. Mine are more in the way then helpful at this point as I have enough stuff in my drawers to keep everything from sliding around.

So far, I'm thinking I'll cut up one of them to put on the bottom of my sons activity table & the plastic cat scratching post that slide around on the wood floor.

Anyone else have ideas? I'd love to hear them!

Edited by ClutterMama (10/15/08 12:50 PM)

#168889 - 10/15/08 01:12 PM Re: new uses for rubber drawer protector sheets [Re: ClutterMama]
mrsgmg1 Offline
Gold (50-99 Posts)

Waffle type shelf liners can be used under the foot pedal of sewing machines, and under chair cushions that are not tied onto the chairs.

The original use was probably on kitchen shelves to protect dishes & drinking glasses from damage.

Therefore they might be useful as well at the bottom of the sink and over the 'saddle' of a divided sink to prevent dishware chipping.

#168894 - 10/15/08 01:52 PM Re: new uses for rubber drawer protector sheets [Re: mrsgmg1]
Kimberly Purcell Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: Folsom, CA
I put some under my cutting board to balance it and keep it from sliding around on the counter.
facebook.com/amethystorganizing
twitter.com/amethystorganiz

#168904 - 10/15/08 05:19 PM Re: new uses for rubber drawer protector sheets [Re: ClutterMama]
Frugal4me Offline
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: WI
You can put them in between frying pans so they don't get knicked from each other.
Matthew 6:25-34 ...do not worry...

#207574 - 02/07/10 08:11 PM Re: new uses for rubber drawer protector sheets [Re: Frugal4me]
CountryOrg Offline
Silver Member
Platinum (100+ Posts)

Loc: A little town in Texas!
They work well under mixing bowls to keep them from moving around on the counter when you're stirring.

Also, pieces of it work great as grippers for under sofa/furniture feet for pieces that you don't want to slip across the floor.