Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Organizing Your Home & Family
Jump to new posts Re: August Productivity Part 2 by blessmymess @ Today at 12:43 PM

I didn't get a lot done, yesterday. I did bring in the trash cans, watered the back garden, spoke on the phone with an aunt and 2 friends who called to check on me and ask how DD was doing, and I posted another blog post, but other than that, I spen
Organizing Your Time & Schedule
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy heart by blessmymess @ Today at 12:32 PM

Frugal, that is a beautiful dresser. A lot of care and attention to detail went into the making of it, I'm sure, and it shows.
Motivation, Goals and Achievement
Jump to new posts Re: August Just do it: JDI Part 2 by blessmymess @ Today at 12:28 PM

Maureen, yes, it is a blessing to be able to connect with DD (and a blessing that she wants to!) I didn't finish my list, yesterday. I spent all evening on-line with DD! So, my list for today: - Bank - Buy cat treats - Call DD in p.m. - Start
Jump to new posts Re: August Just do it: JDI Part 2 by jenn6903 @ Today at 12:22 PM

Maureen: enjoy your me time! JDI's for the day: -workout -start DD's room, get bed switched out and go through everything. That's pretty much it, DD1 is quite the collector, so I'm sure it will take all afternoon The two younger kiddos are going
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by blessmymess @ Today at 12:10 PM

BL: You always do well with your rotisserie chicken. I took DD grocery shopping on Sunday and she spent about $55 on groceries, but some of that was for stocking up and emergency supplies (5 gallons of bottled water, for example, especially after
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Organizing for a Balanced Life - 2014 Part 2 by blessmymess @ Today at 11:26 AM

Update: Spirituality: Nicely plumped; attended the monthly prayer meeting and went to temple, twice. Environment: Not too bad; I vacuumed on Friday and straightened out the 3rd bedroom. Need to take one room at a time over the next few weeks and d
Your Favorite Organizing Tips
Jump to new posts Re: In Case of Emergency by Canadagirl @ Today at 10:40 AM

My phone has an In Case of Emergency category right at the top of the contact list. There is room for 3 contact numbers, and then those numbers appear in red in my contact list. I also put an A1 before my husband's name so that he appears (in red)
Jump to new posts Re: In Case of Emergency by Cyd @ Today at 10:26 AM

Thanks Lea, ICE is so important and I think people don't realize how fast things can go awry.
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy heart by Cyd @ Today at 10:22 AM

What a gorgeous piece of furniture! Surely this is a dresser that will become a family heirloom. Hope you'll tell DH he has a lot of admirers
Jump to new posts Re: August Productivity Part 2 by dianaro2 @ Today at 10:12 AM

Purdy YOU do deserve a rest! Hope you can do that. I am just starting to do a few things in the bedroom, trying to get back to normal with the bedside tray, etc. Cannot vacuum yet, but it isn't bad. Just pick up little pieces of papers should the
Jump to new posts Re: August Room of the Month : ROTM by dianaro2 @ Today at 10:08 AM

Glad you are doing so well with organized items for school Cindy. BL: It is so hard to try and manage when you have all these doctor bills, tax, etc to pay. Just paid the second half of the RE tax yesterday. Have to build up the savings again. Th
Jump to new posts Re: August Just do it: JDI Part 2 by dianaro2 @ Today at 09:44 AM

Maureen Hoping you had some ME time also. Working in baby steps seems to be my agenda lately, but it still gets things done. Still have clothes to put away from the laundry, but difficult to carry too much with a cane! ETE Routines Finish laundry
Jump to new posts Re: August Just do it: JDI Part 2 by Canadagirl @ Today at 09:16 AM

I have the next 7 hrs to myself woo hooo! I am going to try and balance it between getting much needed dunging out the place with some me time and with some catch up time with friends/family near/far (emails/cards/etc). I'm not going to overwhelm yo
Jump to new posts Re: Removing Cigarette Smell from Leather by beaglelady @ Today at 08:06 AM

Just for the heck of it, I googled it.....here are some possible options! You will see there are 6 different ideas and all are cheap too! This was from someone who got a leather purse from someone who was a heavy smoker. Good luck. 1.Mix one part v
Jump to new posts Re: August Productivity Part 2 by Purdy Bear @ Today at 08:05 AM

I'm glad the instructions are understandable. LOL! Bushlady - thanks I've been in motor drive today. I set myself the task of getting the entire house clean this morning. Yep I know it's a big deal but I'm getting there. I've done the front roo
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by beaglelady @ Today at 08:02 AM

Did not use the chicken with the boys(his son and 2 friends). Seemed they wanted pizza so SO went out and got it. Then spending the day on the boat Saturday with friends(their boat), SO ran over and got more pizza for dinner on the water. The chick
Jump to new posts Re: August Room of the Month : ROTM by beaglelady @ Today at 07:57 AM

Cindy, At least you only have a few years left! I am sitting here at 56 and see no end to work in sight! Don't think I will ever be able to retire. Well I had the injection and got some relief for a few days, but yesterday was worse. Still too earl
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy heart by beaglelady @ Today at 07:44 AM

WOW! Just beautiful!
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy heart by tinytina @ Today at 06:42 AM

Wow, the dresser is gorgeous! So impressed
Jump to new posts Re: August Productivity Part 2 by dianaro2 @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Jodi Really? Wow how time has flown by. Bushlady: I rehurt myself by falling a week ago Sat. This is has been a very long spring/summer. Thankfully no broken bones and sore mouth. Did some work, but realize I am not as strong as I thought...need
Jump to new posts Re: August Monthly Goals by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 08:53 PM

Carol, I hope your parents' house was okay in the end. Jenn, it is lovely to get back to home sweet home and your own stuff, isn't it? My main goal right now is to research and choose a replacement toilet that performs well, since we have to have t
Jump to new posts Re: August Productivity Part 2 by Jodi @ Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Bless: Hope DD is settling in. You have such a fantastic mother/daughter relationship and that is why it is so hard for her. That relationship is a huge blessing to both of you. Hope you are doing well too! I am home from our wonderful family tr
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy heart by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

What a wonderful piece of furniture! Your DH is so talented.
Jump to new posts Re: Planning Ahead to Stock a 1st Apartment by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Too bad about the ants, Bless. Reminds me of our little apartment in Europe where I had to put everything in containers after I discovered an infestation of pantry moth larvae!
Jump to new posts Re: August Productivity Part 2 by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

Haven't posted for quite a while and in the meantime, Bless has her DD installed in her new apartment, and Jenn is back home in Alberta! Purdy, you are so talented, that earring book is cute and pretty! Diana, it is such a long time since your back
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >