Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Organizing Your Home & Family
Jump to new posts Re: Battling Mold by tinytina @ Today at 06:10 AM

Glad to hear that it seems to be under control, Bless!
Your Favorite Organizing Tips
Jump to new posts Re: Change the buttons! by kittiemom @ Today at 05:03 AM

beaglelady, that is a great idea. I have a few light summer scarves that I mostly only use then. I have pashminas in practically every color that I use year round. I use them in winter as scarves and the rest of the year they are used as shawls becau
Jump to new posts Re: Battling Mold by blessmymess @ Today at 12:00 AM

Kittiemom, the dehumidifier has been a life saver! She runs it for several hours a day and it has helped. She seems to have got it under control. Thank you for asking.
Jump to new posts Re: October Productivity Part 2 by blessmymess @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

Purdy: Hope all will be well with your father. Keeping you both in my thoughts. ********** I've not been too productive. Just doing the small daily things - going to the pharmacy to pick up medications, going to the bank, paying bills, putting g
Jump to new posts Re: October Productivity Part 2 by kittiemom @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Purdy, prayers coming your way. Bubblegum, my mom's illness did the same thing to me. I didn't know if I was coming or going after she passed away. When I look back now, I wonder how I did all I did during that time, especially the last year or so.
Your Favorite Organizing Tips
Jump to new posts Re: Change the buttons! by beaglelady @ Yesterday at 06:26 PM

Something that is back in fashion again are scarves. Think about how a great scarf around the neck can add oomph to a simple tee. I have a friend who does accessorizing better than most and she wants me to get a few. Went to JoAnn fabrics(I am cheap!
Organizing for the Holidays
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas- Yes, I said it. Christmas by beaglelady @ Yesterday at 06:16 PM

Love that idea Cyd! I am going to be doing my goodie gifts this year in shiny craft bags I bought several years ago and lining them with food quality tissue paper. They were one of those things I could not pass up, lunch size decorated bags on clear
Organizing Papers and Files
Jump to new posts Re: Filing by beaglelady @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

BBG, I did similar progress as yours this morning in the home office as that is my perpetual ROTM, then finished a big project when I went to the office, finishing several spread sheets for my coworker. She supplies the leads and when they don't pan
Motivation, Goals and Achievement
Jump to new posts Re: October ROOM OF THE MONTH: ROTM by beaglelady @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Bushlady, the good part is that you can visualize what you want to do and that we are all making progress. Diana, I think you will agree with me on this. The stuff has to be done so you figure out a way. If it means 10 minutes here and then rest for
Jump to new posts Re: October Just Do It: JDI Part 2 by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

Good decision, Diana. If it is going to be too much, it won't be fun. Maybe another time. Cyd, you are really organized with your phone. We are dinosaurs, land-line only, no fancy apps! However, we realize that there are some younger than us who
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas- Yes, I said it. Christmas by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

That sounds like a fun and useful project, Cyd. I have only bought one gift so far and an "extra" for DDIL. Have to get my GON Holiday Organizer out soon and start planning. I think I have been dragging my feet because I am focussed on
Jump to new posts Re: October Productivity Part 2 by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 01:07 PM

Well, I didn't tackle any noisy chores, I decided to go out and run errands instead, and got the license and health card organized among other things. I've been vegging since I got back, studying the flyers, but I will fold some laundry next. DH is
Jump to new posts Re: October Productivity Part 2 by Bushlady @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

BBG, I understand perfectly how the situation with your mom's illness overwhelmed everything else in your life. I spent 10 years making 2 trips a year to the UK to visit parents while mom had dementia, also visiting DMIL at the other end of the coun
Organizing Papers and Files
Jump to new posts Re: Filing by Bubblegum @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Lol Cyd, I had a 1" binder, decorated when I first moved in with DD's father, and yes it became too full over the years, I've given it to her and moved on to a 3" binder! I also have a bin of recipes to go through... It became a mother/daug
Jump to new posts Re: October Just Do It: JDI Part 2 by DarleneM @ Yesterday at 12:29 PM

The major digging of the landscaping project got done yesterday - YAY! The next step now is the finishing - get grass growing where I want grass, set up a veggie garden area, build the dog fences, etc, etc. I just phoned the local landscaper to have
Jump to new posts Re: October Productivity Part 2 by Bubblegum @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Prayers going your way Purdy! The past few days I've been shuffling papers in hopes of getting it all filed away neatly. This morning I thought it would be a good idea to make room in the filing drawer I have near the laptop. Much to my dismay I sta
Jump to new posts Re: October Tossing by Bubblegum @ Yesterday at 11:25 AM

I've been tossing paper left and right this morning. Stuff going back to 2012... two bags full and I'm not done.
Jump to new posts Re: October Productivity Part 2 by Cyd @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

Purdy, prayers for dad and best possible outcome. Double Kudos for tackling the screen replacement in your laptop. I too had a screen crack, teeny tiny at first but overtime grew making replacement imperative. It was horrendously expensive to have
Jump to new posts Re: October Just Do It: JDI Part 2 by Cyd @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

I'm on a tear to reign in spending and meet goals set back in January just as spending for the holidays season begins. 1st on my agenda is to get better value from my smart phone. While some of the Apps are not yet available here, GON-ers might fin
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas- Yes, I said it. Christmas by Cyd @ Yesterday at 09:30 AM

Happened on a cute idea for gift tags for 'stashers' like me. [wish links were allowed] I've a box of plain-jane, kraft paper 'tags' from past projects and lots of left-over fabric so will marry the two using pinking sheers or scrapbook scissors to