Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by hartbe @ 40 minutes 12 seconds ago

I have often thought there should be a mandatory life skills class taught at every school. We are passing our poor eating habits & life skills from generation to generation.
Help for Professional Organizers
Jump to new posts Re: Helping clients resistant to ideas by Cyd @ Today at 04:10 PM

Dr.O, I think you are describing my much loved SIL! Thank you for making my day...ROFLOL!
Help for Professional Organizers
Jump to new posts Helping clients resistant to ideas by Dr. Organization @ Today at 02:58 PM

I got a call from a family member the other day asking for help with her kitchen pantry because, "You're so good at organizing and have such great spacial skills." I know this family member and knew the potential problems. Given family ci
Organizing Papers and Files
Jump to new posts Re: Deceased Mom's papers by Dr. Organization @ Today at 01:49 PM

When my family has lost members (like my grandparents), and when a friend lost her husband, all have found an estate attorney to be well worth the money. They can also tell you what paperwork to keep and for how long, and were invaluable for dealing
Motivation, Goals and Achievement
Jump to new posts Re: JUST DO IT ; JDI PART 2 by dianaro2 @ Today at 01:23 PM

I would give a cake served like Bless, Cyd. Had trouble getting on this morning....but am back. Took Gypsy to the vet to pick up her meds, and spoke with a groomer there discussing her problems, and decided to get her hair cut and splurge! Worki
Organizing Your Home & Family
Jump to new posts Re: July Productivity Part Two by blessmymess @ Today at 01:20 PM

Yesterday, I posted a package and bought a replacement battery for the garage door opener. Today, I put gas to the car on the way to the office. Later, I have to take DD for a medical test.
Jump to new posts Re: JUST DO IT ; JDI PART 2 by blessmymess @ Today at 01:17 PM

Cyd, I often give a couple of slices of cake, arranged on a small plate, to my neighbors. JDIs for today: - Put gas to car - DONE - Pharmacy - Bank - Take DD for medical test
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by blessmymess @ Today at 12:55 PM

It's really sad how so many of us lack the knowledge of basic skills that almost everyone knew a couple of generations ago. Dinner, last night, was leftovers: rice, chicken curry, lentils, cabbage, and tomato chutney. I cooked more pasta, this mo
Jump to new posts Re: July Productivity Part Two by Purdy Bear @ Today at 11:16 AM

Dianaro - Thanks Today I put up the hooks for hanging the gardening things from in the Shed and Lean too. It's too hot to do much today.
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by jenn6903 @ Today at 10:55 AM

Cyd: where I am at right now in canada, is an extremely poor area, more people are relying on food vans and the Salvation Army than not. It is truly disheartening to see that the government isn't helping, not even with just money, but the tools and i
Jump to new posts Re: July Monthly Goals by Frugal4me @ Today at 10:48 AM

The inloves left this morning. We really enjoyed our time together. They were here for a week. DBIL said they will be coming back next year. As DH and his DS get older they realize there are not a lot of years left. Not sure we will be able to make a
Jump to new posts Re: JUST DO IT ; JDI PART 2 by jenn6903 @ Today at 10:46 AM

Diana: glad you had a good time with your family! We're getting a late start to our day. A friend called this morning and we talked for 2 hours while the kids watched tv JDI's for the day: - vac main floor again. The dogs shedding is ridiculous r
Jump to new posts Re: JUST DO IT ; JDI PART 2 by Cyd @ Today at 10:32 AM

After all the people we had Sunday I set the Roomba [robot vac] in motion this AM. I've emptied it's canister twice so I'll pay attention when I vacuum as part of Friday's routine. Not baking today, still have a double batch of mini muffins and 1/3
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by Cyd @ Today at 10:14 AM

I happened on the PBS program, Frontline - Poor Kids in America last evening. For the most part these women or families had no idea how to access help and services they truly needed. It was like giving frightened moms canned food from the food bank
Jump to new posts Re: July Room of the Month: ROTM by beaglelady @ Today at 08:53 AM

Cindy......wow.....when you are done at your house would you come to mine????? You are a machine!!! I have been plodding along in the office. The first stack of filing is done. I have done all the follow up with potential clients, I have started loo
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by beaglelady @ Today at 08:47 AM

Last night was freezer meal of stuffed cabbage along with leftovers of potato salad and a tossed salad. Quinoa salad for lunch yesterday and I had some with dinner instead of the potato salad. Meeting some friends for lunch today and not sure about
Jump to new posts Re: July Productivity Part Two by kittiemom @ Today at 05:46 AM

I've been doing pretty well with just keeping up with the daily stuff this week, but nothing else. Kitchen is staying clear because I'm making sure to load and unload the dishwasher so the dirty dishes don't pile up in the sink. That seems to be a ca
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by Cyd @ Today at 12:46 AM

Visitors are spending the next 4 days at our nearby resort with friends who are temporarily living in this area. Gives us time to use up leftovers/plan overs. Enjoyed salmon & rice casserole with home grown lettuce 'n cherry tomato chef salad.
Organizing Your Life
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Meal Planning/Grocery Budgeting by blessmymess @ Yesterday at 11:37 PM

A ripe mango would be yellowish/red, rather than green; a little soft when you press gently; and it would have a lovely fragrance. You could buy a not quite ripe mango and keep at room temperature and it would get ripe in a few days.
Jump to new posts Re: July Monthly Goals by brezybaby3 @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

thank you hartbe.