June 27, 2012
Here are some easy systems I use to plan my upcoming hair cuts…
1) If I’m going through the expense of getting a haircut, I try to plan my cut and style on a day when I’m going somewhere fun afterwards. This way, I don’t have to deal with styling my hair that day AND it will look awesome for whatever I’m doing.
2) I try to schedule my haircuts around my daughter’s haircuts. In doing so, we get our haircuts at the same time, and then go out somewhere together afterwards–we make a day of it!
3) Whenever possible, I try to schedule my ‘next’ appointment while I’m at the salon getting my hair cut. I have my iPhone with all my upcoming dates and events listed, so this is easy to do. If you don’t have an iPhone, or similar type cell phone with your calendar dates, bring your paper calendar along with you on your next appointment. Since you’re reserving your space early, this also helps to ensure that the stylist you want is available.
4) If I see a particular style I like in a magazine, I tear out the page, scan it and print it, or take a photo of it with my cell phone, and bring it with me for my stylist. This is much easier than trying to ‘explain’ a style.
5) Some salons now offer email and text reminders when your appointment is coming up. Take advantage of these automatic reminders if they’re available to remember you have hair appointments coming up.