Get Organized Now!
By Maria Gracia
July 1, 2017
25 Poolside Projects
Ah, summer. The time of year when I just want to be outside, either
relaxing on a lounge chair on my deck or hanging out at the town pool. But that's
not very productive, right?
Actually, it could be.
These TO DOs will help ensure you can enjoy yourself AND get those tasks
crossed off your list at the same time.
1. Delete old, out of date, or no longer needed or wanted emails or voicemail
2. Listen to any neglected voice mail messages. Return those calls, as long as
you're not disturbing anyone around you trying to relax.
3. Call your service providers (cell phone, home phone, TV, and Internet) to
see if your costs can be lowered.
4. Call and book any over-due appointments such as the eye doctor, dentist,
family doctor, or spa treatments. Remember to book your kids' back-to-school
visits. Make sure you write down the dates and times.
5. Book hotel or flights for last-minute summer vacation plans.
6. Look up and make plans to attend local events that you are interested in
participating in for a stay-cation.
7. Delete any old, duplicate, or blurry photos or videos on your cell phone
8. Start your Christmas shopping early by looking for any great online deals to
save you time and money.
9. Take the time to catch up on social media or start reading a great new blog.
10. Delete no longer used phone apps.
11. Read an e-book or listen to an audiobook. Check out your local library for
many choices. Alternately, catch up on your business reading.
12. Give yourself or someone else a manicure or pedicure. Try a bright color for
13. Write in a journal. This might include starting a gratitude journal, writing
blog posts, updating a diary, or sketching out solutions to a challenge in your
14. Learn something new. Try needlepoint, drawing, or information on how to
perfect your golf swing.
15. Write a hand-written letter to a friend or family member.
16. Visit with friends or family at the pool. Haven't gotten your exercise
in today? Get one of them to swim laps with you.
17. Head to the pool or backyard with your spouse and discuss your long-term
goals, a home business project, or plans for your kids who may be going into
18. Meet with a business person at the pool...or in a park. I just met with my
Mary Kay rep at the pool. We sat at a table shaded with one of those big
umbrellas...and I was able to check out all of her fun new products.
19. Create a detailed TO DO and/or supply list for what you would like to
accomplish this month. Does your house need to be painted? What about paving
your driveway or building a fence? How about cleaning out the garage? What
supplies will you need to successfully complete these tasks?
20. Clean out and organize the contents of your wallet or purse. How much is
truly necessary to carry with you daily?
21. Create a weekly grocery list by shopping your local ads and plan a week's
worth of meals.
22. Write out any needed checks, and make sure your check book is up to date.
23. Contact a lawyer about updating your will and other important documents.
24. Create a household budget to help you manage your finances. Are there any
costs you can reduce?
25. Update your contacts on your phone.
One thing I'd like to mention, just as a precautionary note, if you're
responsible for young kids at the pool or another outside venue, your TO DOs can
wait since your attention will need to be focused on those kids. Spending
quality time with your children/grandchildren, and being sure they are safe, is
an important TO DO in itself.
Special 'Gotta Have' Resource
Be Your Very Best Self with
my ANYTHING and EVERYTHING Resource...
GON Readers are LOVING It!
Plus, for the Next Few Days
You Can Get ALL of the Back Issues Too!
For super quick details on getting Anything and Everything today, visit:
Our lives pull is in many different directions. It's on these paths that we find
joy, inner peace, laughter, wisdom, compassion, serenity, balance, love,
creativity, motivation, inspiration, and fulfillment.
It's very easy to step off these paths and spend the majority of our time
hanging out in the alleys of TO DOs, obligations, and chores. Of course, we have
to hang out in those areas for a little while each day, but life can be so much
more than that...if we allow it.
I love to write about things that take our thoughts and minds 'beyond the
alleys' so to speak...perspectives and ideas that inspire and entertain.
In light of this, my ANYTHING and EVERYTHING resource is filled to the brim with
personal stories, humor, countless ideas that anyone can benefit from, easy
creativity projects, delicious foods, monthly assignments for a more balanced
life, very cool things I've learned, recommendations on movies I've watched,
books I've read, and products I've used, ways to enjoy your social time...and
your time with friends and family, what I do to make my own life easier and more
fun, unique adventures you can take right in your own town or nearby, ways to
stay fit and healthy, ideas to look and feel your very best...it's way too much
to even list!
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is created in full color...you can print it out if you'd
like...or read it on your tablet or laptop. Each month, you can relax and enjoy
it while snuggled on your sofa with a cup of tea, outside on your patio in the
fresh air, in a park while you're listening to the birds sing--whatever strikes
Then you can pass it on to your family members for their enjoyment!
Each month, you'll receive a full issue (12 pages or more!) of information
you're going to love..
In a nutshell, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is your perfect companion for being your
best self...and living the life you were meant to live...the beautiful life! For
more details, visit:
P.S. It gets EVEN BETTER! Until MONDAY, JULY 9TH, when you obtain your
annual subscription to EVERYTHING and ANYTHING...you will get 10 eBook bonuses
* 100 Incredible Happiness Hacks
* Acres of Diamonds
* How to Develop Your Power of Concentration
* 5 Must-Do, Gotta Have Traits to be Successful
* How to Be Happy: No Fairy Dust or Moon Beams Required
* Live Improvement Tips
* Meditation for Everyday Living
* A Guide to Motivation
* Positive Attitude for Unlimited Success
* The Power of Positive Thinking
Plus, you'll get a full year's worth of BACK-ISSUES...but only until MONDAY,
JULY 9TH, at midnight.
For details, visit:
Ask Maria: Do you have trouble saying no to invitations? Here's help!
Recipe: No Bake Lemon Pie.an effortless summer treat
GON Monthly Checklist: Summer is a wonderful time to get organized...and
to reward yourself for your efforts. Check out our NEW July 2017 Organizing
Dirty Little Secret 1: Need to ripen tomatoes quickly? Here's what I do
Dirty Little Secret 2: I begin every single day with a sense of
accomplishment. Here's how
Dirty Little Secret 3: I hate to keep reapplying my makeup. By using this
secret weapon, I know it will last all day
Mini Challenges: Seven days worth of mini challenges to get you through
the first week of July.so you can feel accomplished, and have plenty of time to
enjoy yourself as well. Here goes
In ADDITION, on our home page, you'll also find lots of NEW and featured
Social Media Spotlight: When too much stuff gets in the way of all the
Please do not pass the salt. Guess how much salt the average person is
eating every day...and where it's coming from. Then, check out the facts on
my home page
Theme of the Week: Seashells...and our home page quotes reflect
that theme. Use them for added inspiration and motivation this week
Week Beginning July 1st
1. Clean out old condiments. If it has been ages since you used that
jar of ranch dressing or fancy mustard in the fridge, get rid of it. Just
because something you buy seems great when you originally buy it, doesn't
necessarily mean it's going to entice your taste buds months later.
2. Inspect caulking and weather stripping. Not the most exciting TO DO,
but it still needs to be done...and summer is a great time to rectify any
3. Paint something. Perhaps paint a room, a fence, or the shed.
4. Say goodbye to 5 books. Most folks have at least 5 books they will
never read again. Donate them to a used book store, bring them to a charitable
organization, try selling them online, give them to a friend, or recycle them
if nobody in the world seems to want them.
5. Give your tootsies some love. Give yourself a foot soak, use a
pumice stone to gently remove dry, flaky skin, apply moisturizing lotion,
and put on a pair of socks to allow that lotion to soften your feet.
If people are doubting how far you'll go, go so far that you can't hear them
(Thank you, Steven G. Nethery, for submitting this week's awesome inspirational
I'd love to hear from you.
Comments, suggestions, or just to say
hello. Just REPLY to this email with a short note.
And remember...Being organized creates a happier,
healthier, more fulfilling life!
Get Organized Now!
How to Use This Newsletter
In this newsletter, you will find stories, ideas,
inspiration, links and more to help you live a less
stressful, more organized, more fulfilling life. We encourage
you to apply these ideas to your own life AND share
them liberally with your family, friends, and fan base via
email, on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, other social media
outlets, and in person, of course!
When you share, please mention my name and web site - Maria Gracia
GetOrganizedNow.com as the source.
Thank you for helping to spread the gift of organizing far and wide!
(c) Copyright 2017 by Maria Gracia, Get Organized Now!
* Copyright, contact and reprint information:
* You signed up to receive our Idea-Kit and/or our
Newsletter at our Get Organized Now! Web site. We never add
names unless you have voluntarily opted in.
* We never rent, trade or sell our email list to anyone.
You'll never get an unsolicited email from a stranger as a
result of joining this list.
* If you happen to purchase anything I recommend in this or
any of my communications, its likely I'll receive some kind
of affiliate compensation. Still, I only recommend stuff
that I truly believe in and share with my friends and
family. If you ever have an issue with anything I
recommend please let me know. I want to make sure I am
always serving you at the highest level.
* To subscribe, visit:
* To unsubscribe, if you
absolutely must go, please click the link below. However . . .
YIKES! - If you unsubscribe, you'll lose all the
complimentary organizing resources I share with my loyal
readers each week. You'll lose the Weekly Tips, Reader Tips,
Reader Clinics, complimentary videos, ebooks, resource
recommendations, and the many valuable bonuses I offer each
month (some totaling hundreds of dollars). Please don't go.
I love sending you all of this free training. I'd be lost
and lonely without you. If there is something more you would
like from my newsletters, then please reply to this email
and let me know.
-- Maria Gracia