Get Organized Now!
By Maria Gracia
May 27, 2017
Dealing with Life's Little Annoyances
Out of these listed, which one is the most annoying to you? We asked
our GON readers to respond and here are the results:
10% Paper cuts...ouch!
26% When someone keeps interrupting you
1% Tangled earbud wires
17% When you're in a hurry and the computer starts updating
23% Sitting in the waiting room AFTER your appointment time
19% I can't decide...all of the above
4% I don't find any of these irritating at all
Now, let's tackle each one by one:
Avoiding paper cuts: First off, ouch! For something so small, paper cuts
can be quite painful. If you find yourself with paper cuts more often than you'd
like, next time you have to rifle through a ton of paper...
* Apply some thick handcream to your hands...the oils in the hand cream can
help prevent these cuts
* Wear those old-fashioned finger guards. In my book, they're still in style!
* Go paperless. The less paper you have, the less likely the cuts.
When someone keeps interrupting you: First, know that while some people
do this on purpose (sort of a bully), others do it without even realizing it. Be
patient. Here are three strategies:
* Politely ask to finish what you're saying. 'Before you continue, please allow
me to get what I'm saying out before I forget to say it.' In other words,
interrupt the interrupter.
* Keep talking. In some cases, this disarms the interrupter and they'll stop
and allow you to continue.
* Before you begin speaking, say, 'I have something very important to convey.
Please let me get it all out before you respond so I don't lose my train of
thought, and then I will look forward to your perspective.' This helps set the
stage for deeper listening.
Tangled earbud wires: Most of us are busy and one of the last things we
need is to have to waste time untangling earbud wires. Here's how to prevent
them getting tangled in the first place:
* Tie them correctly. The video on this link shows exactly how to do it
* For a super-easy solution, simply place your earbud cords in a prescription
bottle, a travel-sized Q-tip container, or an empty Altoid tin
* Cut grooves into an old credit card and wrap them around it...just like you'd
do for Christmas lights around cardboard
When you're in a hurry and the computer stars updating: Arrrggghhhh!
Yes, definitely a big pain. Here are some ways to combat this problem:
* Configure Windows when you want the updates to happen, like overnight. Of
course, you'll have to leave your computer on for this to happen.
* Don't do anything in a hurry. Look up or print what you need hours before
you need it, rather than minutes.
* There are other devices available these days. Switch to another computer or
use another device to access what you need.
Sitting in the waiting room after your appointment time: You have an
appointment...you're on time for your appointment...but you find yourself
waiting for the doctor, dentist, client, friend, or whoever to see you. Here
are some things you can do.
* Try your hardest to get the very first, or very earliest, appointment of the
day. As the day goes on, and especially if there are appointments ahead of
yours, the chances of your appointment being delayed increases.
* Use that waiting time to do something else, like catching up on email,
writing out a few greeting cards, or catching up on your reading.
* Call ahead before your appointment to be sure the person you're seeing a)
remembers the appointment and b) is running 'on time.' Sometimes, like at a
hair appointment for instance, the hair dresser may let you know she's running
15 minutes behind, giving you the opportunity to arrive a bit later than your
* If there is a receptionist present, let this person know you're well past your
appointment time. They may have forgotten about you. If it becomes chronic with
the person or organization you're visiting, consider not returning.
If you responded, 'all of the above,' practicing meditation and stress-
relieving techniques, in addition to the other solutions, may be a good option
If you responded, 'none of the above,' good for you! You probably have
the lowest stress and blood pressure in town.
Special 'Gotta Have' Resource
How to Quickly Organize Your Home,
Your Time, and Your Life
Even if You Don't Have
One Ounce of Organizing Sense
Do you feel like, no matter what you do, you can't seem to get organized? If
so, here's help. Visit:
Perhaps your clutter is always getting ahead of you, or your TO DO list is a
mile long. Maybe you can't keep up with your tasks, or your paperwork is out of
control, or your email has become overwhelming. Perhaps you just can't figure
out where to store things? Maybe you find yourself procrastinating, or having
No matter what your organizing challenges are, they are all causing UNHAPPINESS,
STRESS, EXHAUSTION, OVERWHELM, and FRUSTRATION...and those are five things you
definitely don't need in your life.
If you've been struggling to get yourself and your home organized, It's NOT YOUR
fault. There are huge, little-known, obstacles that are preventing millions
of people, like you, from getting quickly and permanently organized.
The nice thing is, I have the perfect solution for any organizing challenge
you're dealing with, and it will help you get permanently and automatically
It's called my 'I'm Finally Organized Toolkit' and it includes literally
EVERYTHING you need to get organized now!
* Dozens of secrets for clearing the clutter and the chaos, without having to
* How to avoid getting overwhelmed with your TO DOs, and how to get more done in
* Yes, you can be organized, even if you're a Pack Rat!
* How to find hidden energy and motivation to not only start...but
* Creative and inventive storage ideas
* Clean your house in half the time
* Conquer your laundry mountain
* Slay the raging, paper beast
* Clear your email inbox easily...without missing anything important
* Increase your productivity by leaps and bounds
* How to ensure you never forget anything again...ever!
* and so much more!
I know you want to get started on your organizing journey now, and I'm excited
to help you begin as quickly as possible. In light of this, when you get your
hands on my I'm Finally Organized Toolkit BEFORE MONDAY, JUNE 5th, 11:59
PM, you'll get a whole bunch of amazing BONUSES...
* What You Need to Know to Become Super Organized
* Hilarious Versus Smart Clutter Tips
* Get Organized Now! Favorite Reader Tips
* 365 Words of Wisdom to Motivate and Inspire You
* 50 Super Cool Ways to Organize Your Home and Your Life
Begin getting organized. It's one of the most wonderful things you can do for
yourself...it guarantees an easier, happier, more joyful life! Visit:
- Did You Know?: There are laundry symbols on most clothing
items. Here’s what they mean
- June Monthly Checklist: Yes, you’ll have time to enjoy the lazy days
of summer AND get organized at the same time. Check out our NEW June 2017
- Dirty Little Secret 1: Leftover cooking grease? Here’s how I dispose
- Dirty Little Secret 2: Who wants dinner to be humdrum? Here’s how I
make everyday dinners unique
- Dirty Little Secret 3: You’re prepping food, your hands are messy,
and the phone rings. What do you do?
- Mini Challenges: This week’s mini challenges will help you get your
'virtual life' organized. That’s right...they all have to do with that digital
clutter that builds up. Ready, set, go!
In ADDITION, on our home page, you'll also find lots of NEW and featured
- Social Media Spotlight: 5 organizing TO DOs that take 10 minutes or
- New Web Poll: Our featured question is: What format books do you like...print, digital, both, or neither?
Visit our home page and vote in our poll. It only takes a second and you'll
be able to see immediate results
When you can't control what's happening, challenge yourself to control the
way you respond to what's happening. That's where your power is.
I'd love to hear from you.
Comments, suggestions, or just to say
hello. Just REPLY to this email with a short note.
And remember...Being organized creates a happier,
healthier, more fulfilling life!
Get Organized Now!
How to Use This Newsletter
In this newsletter, you will find stories, ideas,
inspiration, links and more to help you live a less
stressful, more organized, more fulfilling life. We encourage
you to apply these ideas to your own life AND share
them liberally with your family, friends, and fan base via
email, on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, other social media
outlets, and in person, of course!
When you share, please mention my name and web site - Maria Gracia
GetOrganizedNow.com as the source.
Thank you for helping to spread the gift of organizing far and wide!
(c) Copyright 2017 by Maria Gracia, Get Organized Now!
* Copyright, contact and reprint information:
* You signed up to receive our Idea-Kit and/or our
Newsletter at our Get Organized Now! Web site. We never add
names unless you have voluntarily opted in.
* We never rent, trade or sell our email list to anyone.
You'll never get an unsolicited email from a stranger as a
result of joining this list.
* If you happen to purchase anything I recommend in this or
any of my communications, its likely I'll receive some kind
of affiliate compensation. Still, I only recommend stuff
that I truly believe in and share with my friends and
family. If you ever have an issue with anything I
recommend please let me know. I want to make sure I am
always serving you at the highest level.
* To subscribe, visit:
* To unsubscribe, if you
absolutely must go, please click the link below. However . . .
YIKES! - If you unsubscribe, you'll lose all the
complimentary organizing resources I share with my loyal
readers each week. You'll lose the Weekly Tips, Reader Tips,
Reader Clinics, complimentary videos, ebooks, resource
recommendations, and the many valuable bonuses I offer each
month (some totaling hundreds of dollars). Please don't go.
I love sending you all of this free training. I'd be lost
and lonely without you. If there is something more you would
like from my newsletters, then please reply to this email
and let me know.
-- Maria Gracia